Shrimp dying every day for weeks

TotalNewb

Hello, 

Please help

I have a bay of 9 tanks with different cardina (CRS, CBS, Tangerines Tigers, Super Tigers, Pintos, Blue Bolts, King Kongs) in each, all run off a sump. It is roughly 450L. It has been set up for over 2 years. 

However, in the past few months I have been loosing at least 1 shrimp every day if not 2. 

I got a shipment in a few months ago with some shrimp that were too old to ship and they started dying off - now have only 1 of them left, I had thought they brought in disease but I quarantined them after i noticed it, fed everyone with Fennel, added loads of cinnamon bark and alder cones and did a big water change, after that there were no more death for a few weeks. 

Now they are dropping every day. ?

Parameters:

RO water remineralised as always

Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5-10 depending on water change (20 L every week, 40L every few weeks if Nitrate is creeping up). Have Purigen in the sump also to try help keeping it down. 

KH 0 - tried adding Montmorillite clay to raise it - it did nothing, added some crushed coral to the sump the other day, hoping it will help

GH 6

TDS was at 130 - have slowly been raising it to 170 in the hope of reducing the number of deaths

Temp 24 degrees Celsius#

EDIT: PH 5.8

I used to have the UV filter on but after they all started dying I turned it off to allow more algae to grow. 

Any suggestions please? Thanks, your help is very much appriciated

EDIT: - It mainly seems to happen to the females after they molt - there has been no breeding for the past 2 months. Lots of plants and hiding spaces there. 

Edited by TotalNewb

What's your pH?

in an old mature tank, you can get pH crash with low KH.

check for signs of bacterial infection.

Turn UV sterilizer back on.

No reason to try to change water parameters.