Sign in to follow this  
ShrimpCharly

Welcome ShrimpCharly

ShrimpCharly

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes ShrimpCharly.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• supermansteve32
      Hello to all. I've tested my water. Zero ammonia nitrate and nitrite.  The fan worked in keeping the temp down while I wasn't home (but there's a lot more evaporation). I may invest in a cooling system.  I do realize there's bio film the shrimp can eat, which that's all i feed them for years because their population was so low. (That and Indian almond leaves, and the bark). But in Feb I had over 50 shrimp and now I can only count about 30. Over only witnessed about 5 dead adolescents, I guess the rest got eaten and then decayed.  My TDS is now 127. I would've thought with evaporation it would increased the TDS. I have another adolescent dead I just saw. The only ones alive are the grown ones, one is pregnant now.  It seems they never eat the almond leaves or bark anymore. Do they go old after a while?  I have one micro bubbler, do they need more o2?  Thanks everyone, I feel like I'm over reacting but they shouldn't be dying
    • Sabertooth
      Just wondering if anybody has used Macropore? Macropore is a Macro-Porous Synthetic Polymer that controls Nitrates by filtering out nitrogenous wastes products and polishes water. I thought this product sounded like a good idea to see if this stuff could do what it claimed, initially, I was looking at Purigen and when I went to my local aquarium shop they recommended Macropore as they said it is the same stuff and cheaper and the same as Purigen. When I got home last night washed it in its microporous bag as per the instructions and popped it in my tank and within about 10 minutes mt TDS went up 5PPM and within 2 hours up 50PPM. I must admit the water went sparkly clear but I was extremely concerned by this massive change in TDS so took it out until I could get some more advice. Hoping there is somebody here that may shed some light on why my TDS skyrocketed. I ended up doing a 25% water change and brought myTDS back to within 5TDS of where I started from before using macropore. If it is supposed to clean the water of organic wastes shouldn't the TDS go down or is it doing something else to the water chemistry that makes using the TDS pen useless? It looks like I have had no deaths this morning but concerned it may be bad to use with shrimp.  
    • kms
      I buy most of my stuff from china taobao using consolidation post, which mean all the stuff I buy (different buyer) gets sent to SF express warehouse and gets grouped together sent to hong kong once I tell them to send them to Hong Kong, This is the best way, as most sender don't sent to hong kong and if they do, shipping cost is expensive, so If I buy 10 items from 10 buyer, I will have to pay from 10 shipping cost, with consolidation, I only need to my 1 shipping cost, usually around GBP 5. About the Blue Bolt, if you description are correct, I like Blue steel more, I don't like the shrimps with a large blue patch on the head, but I have 4 now, my next purchased are more Wine Reds and Black Galaxy Pinto's
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I had bought some blue bolts and blue steel. The blue bolts were bluer (like your first blue bolt photo) and various patterns but the blue steel were a greyer blue (probably why they were called steel) and just the head with white/cream coloured body. I don't know whether that is the 'official' name or distinction but as you say I am sure they all originate from the same. The crystal reds and blacks are good enough quality that they may even be Pure red line and Pure black line - they were my first unsuccessful attempt at Caridina shrimp. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the chiller? Simon
    • kms
      Actually the ghost one is suppose to be a joke, Blue Bolt or Blue Steel, I don't actually know the different, so I just call them Blue Bolt, they originally from  the same species. I not sure about the Wine Red with the white band, but I have a CRS with red which is so dark, but not sure if it's that one, as 2 of the CRS I saved from being cooked had very dark red. Those Baby black is about a week old photo, they have grown, will just have to see it when it's bigger, they are spread out all around the tank.