Sign in to follow this  
Baccus

First Non-red cherry

OzShrimp

the color makes me think of coke :) very nice

Baccus

Thanks, a while ago I did hear of "coke" shrimp but I don't think I ever saw any pictures of them. But to me she reminds me of Cadbury Milk chocolate. I will be very intereseted to see what the next generation brings from this tank.

Baccus

Just wanted to add some more pictures of her that I got lastnight.

DSCF3578_zps81e1cc3a.jpgDSCF3586_zps3a9c0cf1.jpgDSCF3592_zps78fb2857.jpgDSCF3596_zpsba5ccd0c.jpgDSCF3599_zpseced1c26.jpgDSCF3611_zps23d41882.jpg

Baccus

Just got some new photos of my chocolate cherry shrimp. The large dark female with the pronounced stripe is the remaining surviving female from the first crossing of a black male cherry to a dark red female (the other shrimp sadly got scoffed by the damsel fly invasion grrrrr) . The other two are the recent freebies I was sent from Durro68. P1000641_zpsb2598d0f.jpg P1000647_zpsee7217bf.jpg

Squiggle

Looking good dude, very cool! :victorious: Spewing about the damsel fly invasion, they are evil little f#£@ers! :dejection:

ineke

Very nice shrimp Baccus :encouragement:

Garnelchen

Yes, nice shrimp and lots of nice snails! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      It may be a good idea to 'at least' decide Bee shrimp or Cherry shrimp at this stage, as they prefer different water parameters and you can then work towards those ideals? As blue ridge has said, Flip import most of their shrimp from what I have seen on the youtube videos? Simon
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Have you actually seen one of these? I got one and it had great pictures but it isn't really about anything in particular and I binned the one I got as apart from the great photos there was nothing really of interest just bits and pieces about 'breeders n keepers', so I couldn't complain as that was what it was called. I wanted a book about all aspects of keeping shrimps and this wasn't that. I believe one f the experts has written a book and I wish I bought it when I saw it on my suppliers website as it has also gone now. I recommend seeing one before buying though as it MAY not be what you want/think it is???? Simon
    • Steensj2004
      Gotcha. I’ve really been eyeing some ,”Fire Reds,” or some,”Blue Dreams,” from LRBretz, those are out of this world.
    • Blue Ridge
      Does anyone know if these are in print anywhere? They don't seem to print nearly enough copies to meet demand, issue after issue sells out and is gone forever.
    • Blue Ridge
      I wonder why that would be? I'd think an oak is an oak wherever it's growing. Perhaps a result of me leaving them in the sun? It's not a big issue, once they get soaked they become pliable and soft it's just a head scratcher...