kms

bee shrimps with eggs

sdlTBfanUK

In my experience 75% or more survival is a success with new shrimps so I wouldn't have been upset at your new shrimp survival rate. They will probably start breeding anyway soon if everything is to their requirements so you should soon be more than compensated?

Simon 

• Thanks 1

kms
51 minutes ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

In my experience 75% or more survival is a success with new shrimps so I wouldn't have been upset at your new shrimp survival rate. They will probably start breeding anyway soon if everything is to their requirements so you should soon be more than compensated?

Simon 

The previous red wine died, but i'm not quite happy with these, some how they don't look the same, may be I fell in love with the old one, the old one had a body ratio which I liked, these new one are thinness, or may be just need food to beef up it's body:huh-:

Edited by kms
  • Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

I also preferred the previous red wines as they had more red, but the new ones are still very nice and I think you have some male and female so you may get some different types (red ruby etc) and they may just be thinner if they are not so mature which is a good thing as they will likely live and breed longer, all being well? Buying fully grown shrimps is always a bit of a gamble as you don't know how old they are and they only live about 18 months anyway?

I have to admit to having lost track of of what you have now with all the new ones and some deaths?

Hopefully m tank is nearly ready to start stocking with some shrimp next week! 

Simon

• Thanks 1

kms

I have a day off TMR, I have more time to search for more wine red.

kms

fu2fz6.jpg

10fu7fn.jpg

20r04rt.jpg

Somehow they tend to like this moss, is there a reason behind it. Current situation are the shrimps are dying 1 or 2 from time to time, I'm still pretty happy with the results as I know this will happen, it has happen in the passed.

15 CRS

6 Wine Red

1 Ruby

1 Red Pinto Galaxy

1 Red Pinto Fish Bone

1 Blue Shadow

Edited by kms
  • Like 2

jayc

Maybe the moss has lots of biofilm, and they are used to eating that instead of the manufactured foods.

Hope the deaths stop soon. Just keep your water parameters steady for a week or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sdlTBfanUK

More great photos!

You have a lovely selection. I also usually get the odd one die when they are new but if they survive the first 2 weeks then they should be ok. What happened to the CBS or black taiwan bee shrimps, you had quite a few of those?

I should get my first shrimps today so hopefully all will go well with getting those into the tank?

Simon

• Thanks 1

jayc
4 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

I should get my first shrimps today so hopefully all will go well with getting those into the tank?

You know the deal. PHOTOS

• Haha 1

kms
4 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

More great photos!

You have a lovely selection. I also usually get the odd one die when they are new but if they survive the first 2 weeks then they should be ok. What happened to the CBS or black taiwan bee shrimps, you had quite a few of those?

Simon

Sorry about that, I still have those in the old tank, there is so many shrimps in their, not sure how many from adult to free swimming babies at 2mm.

• Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

Pleased to hear you have more shrimps than you listed, you are doing very well!

My shrimps are being drip acclimated as I write this so thumbs up so far!

Simon

38 minutes ago, jayc said:

You know the deal. PHOTOS

I will see what I can do, not actually sure where the camera is...............

Simon

kms

I was going to purchase another 5 Red Wine today for about GBP10, but the shop only got them in and still in the bag drip acclimated, although they did say I can still buy them. I held myself back from the purchased till tmr.

sdlTBfanUK

You probably don't need more at this stage as when they start breeding (up to 30 shrimplets each female, every month) you will be needing more tanks????? Those are cheap shrimps though, mine were just over GBP8 each!

I am going to see if I can find my camera...............

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kms

My shrimps are only cheap because they shrimps are cheap to buy in Hong Kong.

kms

update

my new tank is becoming stable, the shrinps are growing, I have seen many of the shrimps shread it's shell.

My old tank is infested with black CRS, but the mother had just died yesterday, I still have two blue bolts and a few CRS.

fw2l3m.jpg

9jkuts.jpg

2zsnoeq.jpg

• Like 2

sdlTBfanUK

More fantastic pictures love the blue shadow panda and the 2 red pinto galaxy.

Great to hear all is going so well! If you have a lot of CBS then they will breed when they are old enough so losing the 'mother' isn't too bad at this stage and they only love max 2 years anyway. Glad you still have 2 blue bolts as well - those will probably be my next purchase when they are in stock?

The putting spinach in my tank has brought a few of my shrimps out but bizarrely they aren't touching the actual spinach? Seen 2 black and 3 red (of the 8 total I bought) so far today?

Simon

• Thanks 1

kms

I will stick with the present shrimps, give it another month or so before I add some more shrimps.

• Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

Very wise as once they start breeding your population may sky rocket anyway, as they have with the CBS!

I'm sure you should get some really nice surprises/colours when they start cross breeding too!

Simon

• Thanks 1

kms

I will try to add all the old tank's shrimps at the end of August to the new tank, had a problem with my chiller this morning, try to make it more efficient by adding a better heat sink grease, I added a liquid metal grease, apparently you can't add liquid metal, when heating up, the heat sink turning to dust, along with part of the cooler inlet and outlet.

So far the shrimps are ok.

• Like 1

jayc
7 hours ago, kms said:

the heat sink turning to dust

It must have been an aluminium heatsink.

The Indium in Liquid metal will eat through aluminium. Only copper or nickel plated heatsinks can be used with liquid metal. It says so on the packet, at least my pack of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1