bee shrimps with eggs

kms

Just an update.

My 4 Blue Bolts are doing well, not sure if I have 1 or 2 wine red, present 3 crs are ok, and the mother, first time ever not seen it berried, about 20 black CRS or King Kong, so far I still can't tell the differences because they are anything from 3mm to10cm.

2 mixed CRS wine red out of the 20 from my new tank seems to be ok. 

It is kind of weird about the babies

1st batch CRS 3 babies

2nd batch black CRS or King Kong 20 babies

3rd batch mixed of both red and black CRS over 7 babies.

I have placed a order for another water cooler for my new tank, after the temp went over 31 degree Celsius, and killed most of my new shrimps including 2 blue shadow.

• Like 1

It was a real shame about the tank overheating, but the plus side is that at least you hadn't spent a lot of money and spent a long time on it at that stage, so it was possibly a blessing in the long term as you will be prepared when you get the chiller etc.

The reason I like the taiwan bees I had was I never knew what the babies would be and always exciting the first time you get a type you haven't had before. It sounds like you have started with that already, when the black ones grow they may be blue shadow! Fingers crossed you still have both red wine ones.

Keep up the good work and I hope you get the chiller soon so you can get that tank going again!

Simon 

• Thanks 1

I will pickup some more wine red once the chiller comes through, and I have decided not to get shrimps in Taiwan, there is no reason to do so, the shrimps are so much cheaper this new shop, all the shrimps are available apart from green neo's.

• Like 1

If the reds from the shop photo are anything to go by I don't think you would have got any better ones in Taiwan, and you will be saving yourself a lot of hassle as well!

Simon

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

If the reds from the shop photo are anything to go by I don't think you would have got any better ones in Taiwan, and you will be saving yourself a lot of hassle as well!

Simon

No hassle, just need to pay them 1500 NTD, and they will sort everything out.:5565bf0371061_D:

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, kms said:

These are photo's of my first batch of babies, 6 in total. somehow tinypic is giving me error on uploading. The babies are anything from 5mm to 8mm in size.

35bi843.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/h2h42Cx

Nice picture ? Have another photo?

• Like 1

I will post later, I also have a special shrimp, one in the world, I will post that as well, it's hard to get a good photo of the ghost blue bolt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kms said:

I also have a special shrimp, one in the world

Yes, photos please.

• Thanks 1

Ghost Blue Bolt

148ql3o.jpg

Wine Red King Kong

2s99a4w.jpg

Blue Bolt

288zgvk.jpg

Blue Bolt

14niv7c.jpg

Baby black CRS/Black King Kong

9liesz.jpg

Baby black/Black King Kong

2v8g08l.jpg

CRS

avmz2q.jpg

Wine Red King Kong

2a8ia0x.jpg

• Like 2

Have you seen the red wine with the white head at all?

The second photo of blue bolt looks like a blue steel to me?

The black and white look more Crystals than Taiwan bee/panda etc, good colour though and a nice variety of patterns? The same with the red ones though the red is better than normal which is usually more orange.

Great pics, I can't really say what the 'ghost' is as it is too blurred, it looks like a blue steel, but I wouldn't rely on that based on that photo!

Simon

• Haha 1

Actually the ghost one is suppose to be a joke:5565bf0371061_D:, Blue Bolt or Blue Steel, I don't actually know the different, so I just call them Blue Bolt, they originally from  the same species. I not sure about the Wine Red with the white band, but I have a CRS with red which is so dark, but not sure if it's that one, as 2 of the CRS I saved from being cooked had very dark red.

Those Baby black is about a week old photo, they have grown, will just have to see it when it's bigger, they are spread out all around the tank.

• Like 1

I had bought some blue bolts and blue steel. The blue bolts were bluer (like your first blue bolt photo) and various patterns but the blue steel were a greyer blue (probably why they were called steel) and just the head with white/cream coloured body. I don't know whether that is the 'official' name or distinction but as you say I am sure they all originate from the same.

The crystal reds and blacks are good enough quality that they may even be Pure red line and Pure black line - they were my first unsuccessful attempt at Caridina shrimp.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the chiller?

Simon

Edited by sdlTBfanUK
  • Thanks 1

I buy most of my stuff from china taobao using consolidation post, which mean all the stuff I buy (different buyer) gets sent to SF express warehouse and gets grouped together sent to hong kong once I tell them to send them to Hong Kong, This is the best way, as most sender don't sent to hong kong and if they do, shipping cost is expensive, so If I buy 10 items from 10 buyer, I will have to pay from 10 shipping cost, with consolidation, I only need to my 1 shipping cost, usually around GBP 5.

About the Blue Bolt, if you description are correct, I like Blue steel more, I don't like the shrimps with a large blue patch on the head, but I have 4 now, my next purchased are more Wine Reds and Black Galaxy Pinto's

24l64c8.jpg

• Like 1

Update

Here is my family of 4, or rather out of 50-60 or more shrimp.

15ppftt.jpg

As for my new tank, I will try to add new shrimps tomorrow, I should have my chiller tomorrow.

• Like 1

I got my chiller, works perfect, and today, just purchased 25 Shrimps total GBP 20, its still in the bag, I won't be home till tmr, but a early photo.

Guess what shrimps they are.

90w2dx.jpg

Edited by kms
  • Like 1

Those look very nice red wines, hope they do well and glad to hear the chiller has turned up and is up and running ok! More bargain shrimps, hope they will be ok in the bag until tomorrow?

Simon

• Thanks 1

Actually there is only 4 red wine, 1 red pinto and 20 CRS.:5565bf0371061_D:I will tank better photo's tmr.

Update

minus the pinto, it seen the pinto has died in the bag, and eaten alive, the rest of the shrimps were jumping on it.

Edited by kms
  • Like 1

9qhfsk.jpg

one CRS died yesterday, I have put two babies and a month old one in to the new tank from the old tank and see how it goes.

• Like 1

OH WOW! Those are great shrimps, especially the red wines but even the crystal reds have great red colour. Hope the new tank is going well?

I shall be doing my recently reset tank today as it is thursday, not expecting any good news there though, plants aren't doing at all well!

Simon

3 shrimps has already died yesterday, and 1 the one the other day.

3 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

OH WOW! Those are great shrimps, especially the red wines but even the crystal reds have great red colour. Hope the new tank is going well?

I shall be doing my recently reset tank today as it is thursday, not expecting any good news there though, plants aren't doing at all well!

Simon

you have co2, even my old tank the Madagascar leave are doing well without co2.

• Sad 1

My fingers are crossed that the shrimps that died were at least Crystal reds as you have lots of those, not the fabulous red wines? It happens with new shrimp, I never assume ALL will survive as even if you do everything right you don't know what they have been subjected too prior?

I am just going to update my thread about my tank so you can see that in a while if you are interested?

Simon

• Thanks 1

The were 5 out of the 25 including the pinto that died in the bag, one wine red and the rest were CRS.

I did expect some to die, its common with shrimps going into new tank, just how many, even my old tank, there is a history of dead shrimps.

Edited by kms
  • Like 1