PBL has a golden hue to it?

Kat

Hey guys I have a question I hope you can answer or help me with. I recently bought a couple PBL shrimps and they don’t look much like the guys I have now. They have a golden hue to them and their white aren’t completely opaque some are a little transparent to my eye. They are juveniles but I’m not sure they’re 100% PBL I asked the seller and he assured me that they were. What do you guys think? Sorry for some reason I can’t post pictures here. So here’s a link to imgur of the photos. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/WMV1zkX

It's very difficult to tell if they are PBL or just CBS from just looking at a picture.

One on them seem nice, but you are right, the rest have that yellow transparent hue to it.

It depends on how much you paid from them. If you paid good money for PBL, then I wouldn't accept it. 

If you thought you got a bargain too good to be true, then that's what you paid for.

Were these bought without seeing them?

3 hours ago, jayc said:

It's very difficult to tell if they are PBL or just CBS from just looking at a picture.

One on them seem nice, but you are right, the rest have that yellow transparent hue to it.

It depends on how much you paid from them. If you paid good money for PBL, then I wouldn't accept it. 

If you thought you got a bargain too good to be true, then that's what you paid for.

Were these bought without seeing them?

Unfortunately I did pay good money for them. The seller posted photos of his colony and they were more high quality than the ones I received. I assume he must have given me his culls. Thanks for the input I wanted to make sure I wasn’t going crazy seeing the yellowish hue. 

As JayC says, they don't look the best quality but I assume the photos were taken when you just got them as they are in a container so they may colour up better in time, and especially if they are juveniles as you indicate.

Having said that though I have had PRL and PBL in the distant past and even the shrimplets did have very good colour from the start so if they have lost colour a bit and they really are PBL they probably are lower quality or it is just down to the move?

Simon