Sign in to follow this  
Chiquarius

Welcome Chiquarius

Chiquarius

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Chiquarius.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      That's due to the salty shrimp GH/KH+ which is doing what it is supposed to. If you don't want pH to rise you need to use Salty Shrimp GH+.   That fluorite substrate needs to go. Depending on which version of Fluorite you bought, the red or black version, flourite has iron,  potassium and magnesium and high levels of calcium and sodium present.
    • Felenah
      I have a ten gallon aquarium with bloody mary shrimp.  I have been using fluorite gravel and it keeps pushing up my GH and KH.  I am now changing 20% of my water every week in order to try and slowly adjust it.  My GH had been 15 and my KH about 10.  I now have it down to GH of 14 and a KH of about 7.  I have researched this on other sites and it seems that the Fluorite gravel will gradually stop leaching calcium.  I have also been reading that a KH of 8 and above can cause problems with neocardina secondary to their shells getting too hard and the resultant white circle of death.  My TDS can run anywhere from 230 or 240 after a water change up to 280  to 290 at the end of the week.  Ph is 7.5 and above.  I am no longer adding any supplements to the water. One more question.  I am using salty shrimp GH/KH premium aiming for a TDS of 100 after off gassing as the water I change with.  I am adding it slowly over 6 hours.  The distilled water has a ph of about 6.4 before I add the salty shrimp.  After I add the salty shrimp to a TDS of about 100 my ph increases to about 7.5. Suggestions?
    • kms
      Those are some healthy discus, I used to breed them about 18 years ago, I had ultra high body and high fin, but those a really rare these days if you are after some good quality ones.
    • Andrea Eliasdottir
      I just got onto this forum as I'm just looking to start keeping Cherries...  You have just blown my brain! Just... WoW.  o.O 
    • beanbag
      Until 1-2ppm ammonia