SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 27 March 2019

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Sponsored By: TropicalFish.io - https://tropicalfish.io 

Popular Posts

Where?
Ariana23.Xavier22
I live in Ohio, and my girlfriend and I kept going to petland to get rcs. Every time we get them we acclimate for an hour using drip acclimation we tested the water they came in around the same par…
9 comments

Natural Shrimp Food Reviews
OzShrimp
Like the commercial Shrimp Food review topic it would be benficial to have one for the natural products, Indian almond leaf, Banana, Mulberry leaves etc. Similar template minus the Net WT been replac…
21 comments

New Shrimp Keeper
CurleyJones321
Hi Guys Im new to this forum and ive been keeping Red Cherry shrimp since around November when i got my first 10 shrimp who live quite peacefully with 3 adult platys. I moved house at the beginn…
34 comments

Another interesting article about Mantis Shrimp
Squiggle
Well I was "working" really hard today & found this interesting article. Nature really spins my brain sometimes, lol :victorious:http://www.gizmag.com/mantis-shrimp-body-armor/22873/
3 comments

buy taiwan bee from taiwan during my visit
kms
Are people allowed to take Taiwan bee out of Taiwan, can you carry them on the plane. Do you require some paper work to take them out, and into some countries, my case, Hong Kong.   Thanks …
21 comments

RO remineralizer for Neocaridina
ShrimpNewb
Simple, really.  My new Neos are on the way.  I'm looking at four options now that I've decided to use RO water and remineralize it.  I need to get something on the way - the shrimp arrive next Fri…
30 comments

I thought I was doing so well...
DKC
Started my tank, waited till it cycled, planted it well, started growing diatoms and got some Otos and plain old red RCS. All the Otos grew fat and happy, 8 RCS except for one survived the first da…
10 comments

Crooked antennae means what?
beanbag
Hello folks, So a week ago I got 2 blue bolts and 2 red wine shrimp from a local breeder.  This time, their water was not much different than mine, so I only did 3 hrs acclimation.  All of the …
7 comments

Beta Glucans via barley pellets or steel-cut oats?
beanbag
I was about to buy some shrimp-specific beta glucan for immunity, but then I read on here that oats also contained Beta glucan.  The draw back is that rolled oats tend to foul the water.  So I got …
4 comments

Looking for advice - getting ready to add the shrimp!!!
ShrimpNewb
This is my first tank.  It is a fluval Flex 9.  I have a plan to make sure no shrimp get into the filter compartment I think will work - knitting mesh on the wall, large pore sponge filling up …
48 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Where?
Ariana23.Xavier22
I live in Ohio, and my girlfriend and I kept going to petland to get rcs. Every time we get them we acclimate for an hour using drip acclimation we tested the water they came in around the same par…
9 comments

New Shrimp Keeper
CurleyJones321
Hi Guys Im new to this forum and ive been keeping Red Cherry shrimp since around November when i got my first 10 shrimp who live quite peacefully with 3 adult platys. I moved house at the beginn…
34 comments

I thought I was doing so well...
DKC
Started my tank, waited till it cycled, planted it well, started growing diatoms and got some Otos and plain old red RCS. All the Otos grew fat and happy, 8 RCS except for one survived the first da…
10 comments

Hi
Shrimp7CoryCatfish
My Red Cherry Shrimp has been acting weird. I thought it was going to shed but it has been swimming in a weird way, and much much slower than before! I think it might have a disease or something. P…
10 comments

Terrarium build.
jojowhisky
Hello everyone! Was suffering for awhile from having no new tank to setup, so i got onto doing a small terrarium. A friend has passed some really petite mini nana to me, more than i needed so i though…
3 comments

buy taiwan bee from taiwan during my visit
kms
Are people allowed to take Taiwan bee out of Taiwan, can you carry them on the plane. Do you require some paper work to take them out, and into some countries, my case, Hong Kong.   Thanks …
21 comments

palmata vs davidi confusion
Mac9891
A bit confused with the two different species breed or not?
3 comments

Hikari foods...
ShrimpNewb
Just a simple question.  I saw a number of positive comments about Hikari Crab Cuisine and Shrimp Cuisine.  Both contain copper sulfate.  Any idea on why?  I sort of assume a company like Hikari un…
10 comments

Shrimp Eggs Went From Green To Brown In A Week
Krystianb
Hello I currently have 2 berried shrimp, one was just recent and has green eggs but this one has brown eggs but has had the eggs for 1 week, they were green at first. Is this bad or good?
2 comments

Testing a new Forum Index Page, what do you think?
Cesar
Hey Keepers, Made a change today to the landing page for the forum index, here is the short story... Noticed the latest activity page was very popular and our mobile app also uses a similar lat…
5 comments

How to maintain low TDS with water changes
Warwick
Hi Im fairly new to shrimp keeping and have done a lot of reading but im stuck on how to maintain a low TDS in my shrimp tank I hope someone can help me. Heres my problem I want a T…
8 comments

Questions about Blue Bolts and Pintos
Rtessy
Hey, new here, so please excuse formatting issues. I've had a colony of blue dreams, black roses, and carbon rilis for over a year now. I tried CBS/CRS mischlings for a while back, they we're f…
6 comments

wary of cholla wood due to fungus issues
beanbag
So I think the reason shrimp pick at cholla wood is that the wood slowly releases sugars, which causes a layer of fungus to grow on it.    However, I'm not sure I want to promote a pro-fungal envir…
13 comments

What temperature is considered "the low end" for shrimp?
beanbag
I read that at lower temperatures, the shrimp breed less, but live longer and grow bigger.  That's pretty much what I want.
2 comments

Shrimp died, no idea why.
qwas4321
Hey, my shrimp had just died. I suppose it's muscle necrosis but i'm not 100% sure. Can someone experienced help me out? All shrimp are fine, swim around and act normally but this little guy just a…
10 comments

Looking for handy tips and tricks
GtWalker97
Hi folks, I'm new to the breeding game and was wondering if there were and handy tips and tricks for breeding and keeping cherries? I have a colony of mixed grade reds (working on culling y stoc…
8 comments

RO remineralizer for Neocaridina
ShrimpNewb
Simple, really.  My new Neos are on the way.  I'm looking at four options now that I've decided to use RO water and remineralize it.  I need to get something on the way - the shrimp arrive next Fri…
30 comments

Stocking my aquarium
Aquahobby
Hey guyz, im cycling a 30l tank to get some rcs in it. The tank is almost cycled and im thinking of getting them next week.  I have tested the water and the kH is at 9 and ph is 7 (i have yet t…
7 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: Unsubscribe