Hi

Shrimp7CoryCatfish

My Red Cherry Shrimp has been acting weird. I thought it was going to shed but it has been swimming in a weird way, and much much slower than before! I think it might have a disease or something. Please tell me what it is!!! Here are some photos:

It has some sort of white cut between its head and its abdomen. Please get back to me ASAP. Thank you!

Nvm, it's saying it has too much GB. Sorry, I can't upload the pictures. But now the shrimp is lying on the ground not moving, but it looks like it was about to shed. Its tail fin is transparent bur right behind it is some red, it has a crack of the exoskeleton on top. it kind of looks like this in this video: 

at 0:57 seconds, but it is lying down sideways not moving! Please tell me what to do!

Oh, nevermind. The shrimp is dead ;( I think it cracked its back area when it was trying to shed. So it died when it was halfway through shedding. Well, thanks anyway.

This can be indicative that your water parameters are not right - water could be too hard.

What are your parameters?

List all the water parameters for whatever test kit you have.

pH,

Temp,

TDS,

GH,

KH.

It will be GH and TDS parameters that impact water hardness and the shrimp's ability to moult properly.

Edited by jayc