Best Way to Move A Tank....

BlueBolts

Need to move a 130 lt tank 2m......thinking of using this ... anyone used this or have any suggestions ? Tiled floor, needs to go 1m to the front, and 1m to the left..

post-258-139909858671_thumb.jpg

Drop the water level to <10cm and then get some strong friends.

I can move my 180L by myself when it is <1/3 full.

BB, I would be worried when that tilts the tank to lift the tank and water sways the other way and tips over? I would take extra precaution. If you need a hand I can come over and help.

It depends what material was used for your cabinet. If its wood I wouldn't try it, the change in load bearing while flexing to slide in the slider things could prove to be catastrophic. If its a solid metal frame then just drop as much water as possible to diminish extra side forces of wave action then move. IMO.

Agree with these guys, just drop the water level then move the tank. Garbage bins lined with clean garbage bags are great for holding the water so you won't have to refill using only new water.

It's a Aquaone620T, so wooden stand. Issue is that I have a huge centrepiece driftwood that fills 1/3 of the tank & almost to the top. It will have 100's of shrimplets, therefore wanted to avoid draining the tank past 1/4....but perhaps this can't be avoided.....may drain the water in a huge tub, and place the driftwood there, and slowly net up the shrimps etc...kills two birds with one stone eh....as I'm decommissioning the tank.

Thanks for all your feedback, and thanks for your offer Al4n, may take you up on it !

lay a small piece of carpet with woolly side down beside the tank and edge the tank stand onto it and then you can slowly slide it on the tiles with little effort :)

hey marcus.. i did a similar thing with my shrimp tank the other day..

i syphoned some water into 2 10litre buckets caught as many of the shrimp i could and put them there..

then i drained most of the water out into some empty water storage container i have for special occassions..lol

once i only had a little water left and substrate i double dosed on prime andtook driftwood out aand put in bucket with water and moved the tank..

if done quickly and correctly u shouldnt get any deaths..

if so very very minimal.

ie; u may loose a couple babies..

if u need a hand and buckets + water drums let me know mate..

bet we could do it all in under and hour..lol

Thanks Dean, will try the easiest method 1st, then assess....

Honcho, I was thinking whether I can borrow you HIAB ! Haha ....

It's a Aquaone620T' date=' so wooden stand. Issue is that I have a huge centrepiece driftwood that fills 1/3 of the tank & almost to the top. It will have 100's of shrimplets, therefore wanted to avoid draining the tank past 1/4....but perhaps this can't be avoided.....may drain the water in a huge tub, and place the driftwood there, and slowly net up the shrimps etc...kills two birds with one stone eh....as I'm decommissioning the tank.

Thanks for all your feedback, and thanks for your offer Al4n, may take you up on it ![/quote']

i have this same tank and I confidently say that once you drain 2/3 of the water it can be moved by two strong blokes by the rim of the cabinet top no dramas... I have moved this tank like that many many times, plus the feet on the cabinet are somewhat smooth so you can slide the whole set up very carefully by pushing on the cabinet.

Drain to about half way and then move very carefully, thats what I did when I had to move mine about the same distance. You probably dont need it with all the other offers but if you need a hand let me know :)

I'd be worried tilting a full tank with that gadget!

As the others have mentioned, draining water is the best and easiest way.

Good luck.

It's a Aquaone620T' date=' so wooden stand. Issue is that I have a huge centrepiece driftwood that fills 1/3 of the tank & almost to the top. It will have 100's of shrimplets, therefore wanted to avoid draining the tank past 1/4....but perhaps this can't be avoided.....may drain the water in a huge tub, and place the driftwood there, and slowly net up the shrimps etc...kills two birds with one stone eh....as I'm decommissioning the tank.

Thanks for all your feedback, and thanks for your offer Al4n, may take you up on it ![/quote']

Yep just send us a msg

Thanks Chris..you do realise I live on the opposite quadrant yeah... You'll need to fuel up..... I'LL be OK, just time and patience...... What's worst that watching water boil, is silicon curing !

if you do neeed a hand marcus im only down the road and as soon as that blueish female has dropped her eggs i'll bring her round for you