Welcome Brian Flowers

Brian Flowers

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Brian Flowers.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Thanks for admission to this group.

been keeping Marmokrebs a few years , self cloners . ( I know , not shrimp ) , But ,

just got into aquarium shrimp so , Im in the right place now , again , Thanks .

i picked up some tiny shrimp from my local fish store , not sure of their type ,

they were different colors , orange , red , blue , red and clear , orange and clear ,

black , light blue . they were from their breeder tanks that did not come out quite the right colors .

call them culls , either way i ended up with a bunch of different color shrimp . 

trying to ease into shrimp first , so this works , for now . I have them in a 5 gallon with sponge 

filter and small plants and cholla wood , they love it btw . here in is my question .

im feeding " Hikari " Crab Cuisine , suggested by the 18 yr old shrimp expert , not saying 

that age is , well , nuff of that . i only put about 3 or 4 pieces , really small pellets .

it sits on the bottom , in the open so i can see them feed , they dont , about a day later it is 

covered in some kind of white clear substance , im really not sure whats going on.

am i using the wrong food , water issues , temp issues . water is 70 degrees ,

water has been tested , perfect , with a little extra lead , hence the plants .

been a long rant , hey . any and all help appreciated .

Thanks Brian

sorry , I was a bit worried about my new shrimp . forgot the intro .

my name is Brian , new to shrimp , been keeping Marmokrebs ( self cloning  crayfish )

I live in Nebraska , U.S.