Oman Azmat

White tiny substance in Shrimp aquarium bed

Oman Azmat

Please help I need to know about this substance that is covering my shrimp aquarium bed into white... I have yellow, red shrimps in it with water plants.

jayc

Do you have a picture?

Oman Azmat

Yes but due to high pixels unable to upload it although I took it from my phone 

sdlTBfanUK

I have had the same with my pictures. I use my computer to edit them to get them to a smaller KB size by reducing the size of the photos etc.

I don't have a mobile (yes we do exist), but can you change the settings on that to a lesser setting?

Simon

Oman Azmat

I have reduced the picture quality still it shows error to upload file less then 1000kb 😞

Zoidburg

You can use a program like Paint (click) to reduce the size of the image.

Otherwise, you can upload the image to an image hosting website, make sure image is public, and share the link.

sdlTBfanUK

My photos were below 500kb so you may still be a bit large???? Thats only a guess though!!!

A real stab in the dark but if it is a recently set up tank, it may be fungus, that isnt a rare occurance with new tanks. There is a photo on this recent post if that helps?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• Steensj2004
      Update for anyone interested.Rock was removed, Ph and TDS is down, over the last few days it’s crept down to around 190TDs after small water changes. Something that want happening with even larger changes before. PH seems to be down around 6.5. I hope it stays at that level, all inhabitants look to be doing well.
    • Cesar
      IME, the healthiest and highest quality has always buying directly from hobbyist, usually a small setup in their garage or fish room. Next was specialty store/importer, last is the local TFS, both often having stock that has been imported, transported and kept in less than ideal conditions... Buying directly from hobbyist has always produced the best results for me...
    • Steensj2004
      Did boil a few times, the water wasn’t completely clear when I stopped cleaning it. So they should be getting some tannins. I was able to remove all but one rock, I have one more piece to put in in its plAce today.   Right on. I’m originally from Ohio, and I’ve been scoping out Flip’s videos and website for a few weeks now. Looks like I’ll be ordering from either Flip or AquaHuna after I get this tank works out completely.   TDS is already down slightly after removing the rock and doing a small water change. I also took the opportunity to remove some plants I wasn’t a fan of and replace them. Indian Almond Leaves came in today too, but my BacterAE is delayed. Thanks Amazon.🙄🙄
    • Goshio22
      Its about 1 cm its definitely of breeding age.. i would be happy if its male, but my eyes is untrained when it comes to fully colored males.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I would think that is a male IF it is old enough to be able to tell but I think it is maybe too young to tell? This video should give you some handy tips for seeing the differences! https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/14104-telling-male-from-female-shrimp/ Simon