5 gallons shrimp tanks for my shrimps. It can be?

Arkaedus

I wan to mantain Taiwan Bee and Tiger shrimps. Can I get the shrimps breed in 5 gallon tanks? 

If it can be. What it need to do it? Some recomendations will be fine.

I have kept Taiwan Bees in 15L and now 35L so you can keep then in 5 gallons. Mine breed like crazy in both sizes. Here is a good starting video which may help with the main basics:

For Taiwan bees you will pretty much need RO water remineralised from my experience, though I get RO water from a zerowater jug as an alternative to buying the water from a supplier or using a home RO system. I have posted an article about this elsewhere if you want to try  that, otherwise everything is pretty covered on this video but feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Simon

1 hour ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

I have kept Taiwan Bees in 15L and now 35L so you can keep then in 5 gallons. Mine breed like crazy in both sizes. Here is a good starting video which may help with the main basics:

For Taiwan bees you will pretty much need RO water remineralised from my experience, though I get RO water from a zerowater jug as an alternative to buying the water from a supplier or using a home RO system. I have posted an article about this elsewhere if you want to try  that, otherwise everything is pretty covered on this video but feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. 

Simon

Hi, thanks for your response, can you pass the link about using RO system in home, I think you say that posted about it. It will help me a lot.Thanks in advance

Sorry if I confused you but I use tap water filtered through a zerowater Jug that produces almost same (they say on their website it is same as RO water) and have had 100% success using this, it is easiest way I have found (for my circumstances) of getting RO water without buying a complete RO water system, or going to a shop to buy the water. Be aware though that other filter jugs have not worked for me ie BRITA didn't work? I would think you can get a Zerowater jug through amazon in Spain but not too sure?

Here is the UK link, but it is American product generally available worldwide.

https://zerowater.co.uk/?variant=48184661572

If you want to get a complete RO water system post a reply on this and someone else will help you with that I am sure.

Hope I have answered you question????

Simon

First off, you want a substrate that buffers the pH down around 6.5 or below.

Second, the RO water or distilled as recommended. If you have soft water, then a cheap RO machine can work, although the replacement cartridges may be the same amount as a new machine. If you have hard water, then I would recommend a more expensive RO unit.

Third, you'll need GH minerals for shrimp. (no KH)

Make sure you have a liquid test kit that measures all water parameters, including GH and KH. A TDS meter with calibration solution is also recommended.

Sponge filters with an air pump can be used for filtration. It's recommended to get the type that suction to the side of the aquarium.

• Like 1