jojowhisky

Completed project- Home of the tetras

jojowhisky

Just sharing a completed project.

Bought 12 tetras awhile back, 4 glowight tetras and 8 neon tetras.

Bought them for the purpose of creating a community tank(my very first tank- 16litre tank)

However, after reading more on the internet, i decided to remove them all as i did not want my bloody mary(@zoidburg, thanks for the id) shrimplets to become fish food.

So i put them in a holding tank for awhile, intending to set up a tank exclusively for them(41litre tank). This project however got delayed much further than i had planned as there were problems that arised from the main shrimp tank housing bloody marys and crystals.

Long story short, these tetras survived a bout of fin rot and some gill issues with seachem paraguard and today, they are in their new home.

I started the fishless cycle and waited for 2weeks, adding 2 dead shrimps to feed the bacteria and leaving it all there to decay.

Happy to see them in a better environment, pictures at the bottom. They are probably a little overwhlemed now but should perk right back once they become familiar with the new waterscape.

ef25cf8ece13f81ae11f508bbc08ffee.jpg2c2ec1db155dd423a3d1407b374d755b.jpgbf19a069fe8b68e3918644c40029e573.jpg1cd832d813aad3a07e37475ec38af3c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      Oops did I mix them around?
    • DKC
      Ok then. Will add more plants to try and reduce nitrates.  Thanks Simon and JayC for the pointers and hints. I think the Dino Spit is the Glutaraldehyde and the Dino Pee has the macro and micronutrients. I will leave off the Glutaraldehyde and reduce the dose of the Pee to one third. I am pretty careful with the dosing.  Good news is that there are at least two RCS females still in the tank and looking well. Maybe they went and hid and moulded after the big water change? The surviving  DAE are all looking well.  Anyway will take all your advice on board and do smaller water changes and work out a dripper system.
    • ShrimpNewb
    • beanbag
      jayc's comments on letting remineralized water sit around got me thinking.  I've had pre-mixed up batches of water sitting around for a month or more with no obvious growth.  I asked the Salty Shrimp people about this, but unfortunately they replied back to me in German, and google translate doesn't seem to work too well.  So if anybody knows German, here is their reply: " prinzipiell ist es kein Problem dein mit Bee Shrimp GH+ aufgesalzenes
      Osmosewasser zu lagern, jedoch werden dabei einige Spurenelemente
      verloren gehen. Dies hat sich bei unds allerdings noch nicht als negativ
      herausgestellt, da wir selbst meist eine Menge von ca. 1000l aufgesalzen
      parat haben. "    
    • beanbag
      Even though this isn't the acute cause of your problem, the nitrates are too high.