davidwnrw

breeding Red oder Black Pinto Zebra/Fishbones

davidwnrw

Hello everyone and thx for adding!

I'm really new in holding Cardina, but I did inform me about keeping them.

I have 2x scapers Tanks, each 35l, with red bee sand and aquael pat mini filter. I use demineralized water by using mixed bed resin and gh+.

Now I'm interested in breeding pintos with different patterns.

Is it right, that I have to cross pure taiwan shrimps like King Kong, blue bolts, Black or Blue Shadow Mosura with CRS or tiger?

What about these "mishlings"? Could I use them, too? I read, that the percentage of fallen Taiwans is going down, if I use them.

I'm looking forward for your advices.

Sry for my "simple" english, I'm from Germany 🙂

greetz David

SpringWaterShrimps

Hello David,
I think that if nonody answers here because everything is well explained in the forum. Check the sticky’posts and youll find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Shrimp Keepers Forum

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      I had bought some blue bolts and blue steel. The blue bolts were bluer (like your first blue bolt photo) and various patterns but the blue steel were a greyer blue (probably why they were called steel) and just the head with white/cream coloured body. I don't know whether that is the 'official' name or distinction but as you say I am sure they all originate from the same. The crystal reds ad blacks are good enough quality that they may even be Pure red line and Pure black line - they were my first unsuccessful attempt at Caridina shrimp. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the chiller? Simon
    • kms
      Actually the ghost one is suppose to be a joke, Blue Bolt or Blue Steel, I don't actually know the different, so I just call them Blue Bolt, they originally from  the same species. I not sure about the Wine Red with the white band, but I have a CRS with red which is so dark, but not sure if it's that one, as 2 of the CRS I saved from being cooked had very dark red. Those Baby black is about a week old photo, they have grown, will just have to see it when it's bigger, they are spread out all around the tank.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Have you seen the red wine with the white head at all? The second photo of blue bolt looks like a blue steel to me? The black and white look more Crystals than Taiwan bee/panda etc, good colour though and a nice variety of patterns? The same with the red ones though the red is better than normal which is usually more orange. Great pics, I can't really say what the 'ghost' is as it is too blurred, it looks like a blue steel, but I wouldn't rely on that based on that photo! Simon
    • kms
      Ghost Blue Bolt   Wine Red King Kong   Blue Bolt   Blue Bolt   Baby black CRS/Black King Kong   Baby black/Black King Kong   CRS   Wine Red King Kong      
    • jayc
      Yes, photos please.