Krystianb

Species of shrimp?

Krystianb

I went to petco to get some ghost shrimp but I can tell these are not ghost shrimp. Any idea what species of shrimp this is?

https://imgur.com/a/Dw70WkD

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      I had bought some blue bolts and blue steel. The blue bolts were bluer (like your first blue bolt photo) and various patterns but the blue steel were a greyer blue (probably why they were called steel) and just the head with white/cream coloured body. I don't know whether that is the 'official' name or distinction but as you say I am sure they all originate from the same. The crystal reds ad blacks are good enough quality that they may even be Pure red line and Pure black line - they were my first unsuccessful attempt at Caridina shrimp. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the chiller? Simon
    • kms
      Actually the ghost one is suppose to be a joke, Blue Bolt or Blue Steel, I don't actually know the different, so I just call them Blue Bolt, they originally from  the same species. I not sure about the Wine Red with the white band, but I have a CRS with red which is so dark, but not sure if it's that one, as 2 of the CRS I saved from being cooked had very dark red. Those Baby black is about a week old photo, they have grown, will just have to see it when it's bigger, they are spread out all around the tank.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Have you seen the red wine with the white head at all? The second photo of blue bolt looks like a blue steel to me? The black and white look more Crystals than Taiwan bee/panda etc, good colour though and a nice variety of patterns? The same with the red ones though the red is better than normal which is usually more orange. Great pics, I can't really say what the 'ghost' is as it is too blurred, it looks like a blue steel, but I wouldn't rely on that based on that photo! Simon
    • kms
      Ghost Blue Bolt   Wine Red King Kong   Blue Bolt   Blue Bolt   Baby black CRS/Black King Kong   Baby black/Black King Kong   CRS   Wine Red King Kong      
    • jayc
      Yes, photos please.