Tiny white spots all over shrimp... Bacteria?

Ilibbs

First post here and very new to shrimp care. Have a planted tank with a handful of red rilis, some small guppies, and a few inevitable snails. I read through the stickied shrimp disease thread and couldn't find anything that described my problem. 

I noticed a couple of my shrimp showing tiny white dots all over their shell. It looks almost like the ich that wiped out some tetras a few months back (haven't seen it since... Treated the tank, let it cycle with no fish for 4 weeks, new fish aren't showing any signs of it). Nobody has died, they seem to act the same, eat the same, etc.

Now I may be mistaking a natural coloring here, I'm very new to dwarf shrimp. I am, however, dubious because it showed up on a different sub-species, whose picture I attached below (not sure what he is... came in the bag as a baby with some red rilis from the store). 

Notice the little white spots, even on his tail. I have another red rili with similar spots but I can't find him right now...

3711.thumb.jpeg.9bd9f5a99b7f824147d001f2de98fedb.jpeg

I don't have the full results but here is my water after I did my last change (tap water)

pH 7.5

Ammonia 0.25 ppm

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5 ppm

Temp 79

Not sure about gh/kh/TDS, test kits are en route so should know next week

Also I can try to get more pictures if it would help. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated! I've lurked on a few other threads and the info has been great so far!

How old/new is the tank?

If you are picking up an ammonia reading, that's not good for the shrimp. 

The white spots might be a reaction to ammonia.

Thanks, Jayc. Ill keep an eye on the ammonia, do a water change, see what happens. Looks a bit down from my last test. 

Tank is about 3-4 months old. Cycled for a month to start before putting shrimp in.

• 2 weeks later...