Cherry Shrimp dying

Fishlover

OK so I bought 50 cherry shrimp on Thursday  December 13.  I drip accumulated them for bout 1 and a half hours during the drip I losted 1. The next day I saw two molt in the tank. On Saturday I saw 2 dead shrimps and about 3 more molt, Sunday more molts no death. Today Monday I saw another dead one should I be worry r is it normal for some to die off? 

The tank is 29*18*18  40 gallons and have being up an running since last year with a couple guppies but now it's a shrimp only tank with mts, I don't know the parameters of the water I'm waiting for a master test kit but might get it this week or next

We really need to know the water parameters before we can give you advice.

Ideally, you should have taken a reading of the original water parameters the shrimp came in. And compared it to your own tank parameters. Otherwise how would you know an hour and a half of drip acclimating is enough.

The water in your tank can be on the opposite direction to the water the shrimp came in. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Depends 1st on how in a good health they came.

Then, on a 50 batch, 4 loss is not that bad, but this should not continue of course after a week or 2, after they have settled their new home and get used to it