Sign in to follow this  
Dean

My Rainbow cherry collection

Dean

Just thought you all might find this very interesting :cool-new:

these are the offspring from 2 female low grade chocolate delight shrimp.

there is an amazing range of colors that have been produced. it has given me a lot of new breeding programs to start with

all from chocolates.

here they are, not the best photo to show the colors but give you an idea.

post-23-139909845762_thumb.gif

there are blood red, brown, chocolate, blue, yellow, orange, green, clear, spotted, striped.

what a perfect easy start to a breeding program :applause:

post-29-139909856604_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

lachie1998

wow thats crazy Dean! the variation from 2 female chocolates.

got any close ups of the stripped ones? they sound quite intresting

Loach

Thats amazing Dean! Love the blue stripey one :)

wayne6442

Fantastic range of colours Dean, Hope i can get some of those variiants in my orange/yellow crosses

Dean

thats the only photo i took before dumping them in a new tank full of plants. sorry. i only noticed them as i was taking them out of the tank they were in to move them.

@ wayne they were not crossed with anything, its just what the low grade chocolate shrimp throw. a crazy mix of colors :)

Sprae

That is a huge variety of colours! Too bad I don't have another tank for cherries!

JustJamieII:-)

ATTENTION MOD's,

Please close this thread immediately. I've resisted cherries for this long.....

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Don't make me do it.

repeat after me "they're ugly, they're ugly, they're hard to look after.."

Damn it, it's not working.... MOD's...

Loach
ATTENTION MOD's' date='

Please close this thread immediately. I've resisted cherries for this long.....

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Don't make me do it.

repeat after me "they're ugly, they're ugly, they're hard to look after.."

Damn it, it's not working.... MOD's...[/quote']

Well, might be easier to walk into the LFS tommorow and get a new tank Jamie ;)

lachie1998

why not get several for many many chery shrimp;)

will any of these be for sale in the future dean?

Dean

@ Jamie, nothing wrong with another tank mate :) the more tanks you have the more shrimp i can sell you :victorious: i have a few gay shrimp left that no one else wants lol

@ Lachie the chocolate delight are for sale on the website bossaquaria.com.au thats all they came from, just the low grade ones i didnt want to sell as they were not good enough to put my name on. as for the multi colored babies, im just putting them in a tank and see if i can selective breed the blue and the greens out in time.

Loach

Im hoping you selective breed that blue stripey! My favourite lol and i would love to see them common one day :)

BlueBolts

2 of my female choc cherries has also produced similar varieties..... Damn you Dean, I swore I'd not have anymore tanks ! LOL.... Got a really dark blue shrimper too...will try to take a nice pic of it.

nolanlll

that's my Dream collection Dean , i will line up for their offspring !

Hope u can breed them successfully :)

wayne6442

Let me know when you want to get rid of any choc culls Dean, absolute love it if they threw only half the range you have.What a way to get some serious line breeding done. But I guess that every cull you have now will be a prisoner? I know I would not let one out of my site, good luck and Enjoy Dean

Dean

thanks everyone, yes they are amazing and the colors are many. i have had a chat with a few people and seems that most people who bought chocolate delight from my site are all getting a great mix of colors as well as the chocolate :)

NoGi

They look great mate. Why not be the first to get a stable rainbow cherry :encouragement:

Dean

so many choices with these shrimp that i dont know what to try to breed first. need more tanks :cower: