Sign in to follow this  
Freddie

Strange female

Freddie

I've had the girl since I started my shrimp tank.

Any clue as to what might have created this gem.

20181113_203401~2.jpg

• Like 1

jayc

Has it been that colour since little?

Or has it changed recently?

Freddie

I got her as a berried female. She released all her babies into my tank. Some of the babies look just like her.

20181114_173225~3.jpg

Freddie

She has looked this way the whole time.

She came out of a tank that had blue carbon rilis. 

Edited by Freddie

jayc
5 hours ago, Freddie said:

Here's on of her daughter's.

Way different.

The Offspring is referring bad to its base colour. You can consider that as a good thing (you are getting a new colour morph). Or a bad thing (you are losing the Blue genes).

Freddie

I think it's a good thing. 😁 The picture does no justice. There are two that look like that. It's like their carapace is red but the have blue under the red.

Here's a photo of other babies that came from the same blue red female. Here you can see many variations. 

20181109_070742~3.jpg

Edited by Freddie

jayc

Well that's fine then.

Some people don't mind the multi coloured shrimp tank.

But if you want to maintain the strong blues, then you will need to move the reddish ones to their own tank. 

Freddie

Finally got a decent photo of the baby that looks like her mom.

20181118_103141~2.jpg

20181118_103126~2.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Steensj2004
      I really want one now, lol. I’ve looked at pictures and I want one!😂   Side note, but related, I joint an all shrimp group on FaceBook. The shrimp these people are breeding are breathtaking. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Don't worry about Crystal browns as they are so rare you are unlikely to get one, but if you do you won't want to cull it or give it away (just treasure it, I would), that would be madness.................. (scroll down for picture)! Simon
    • Steensj2004
      Thanks. I’m not too concerned, if I get some browns, I’ll cull them into the cull tank. My buddy has a 75 gallon he wants to stock up with anything I don’t want, so the culls have a permanent home. I’m not looking to develop a super straight or pure line anyway, I just like the shrimps. Besides, I already have both in the tank😂 Top off is done with pure RODI, this is something I learned from salt tanks. Thanks for the advice, but I assume it has to do with feeding ETC since I’ve been using pure water for top offs. Ah, I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I’ve really noticed the creep increasing since I’ve started dosing the Shrimp Fit. While it isn’t a lot, it’s more than when I was dosing just BacterAE. Previously I saw less of an increase. My main concern was how it may affect the shrimp.     With the mix of CBS/CRS, what ratio of browns might I end up with? Will they have similar patterns to other crystals, but with the colored portion being brown? I actually don’t hate that.... Based on my reading, the brown should be somewhat the odd one out, correct? And if I’m not mistaken, somewhat of a generational dependent mutation. 2-3 generations in or so?
    • javierhnb
      Really? Why bb x red panda? Have YOU got good results? I AM surprised Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    • kms
      I finally setup my chiller, although it's ok, I find the temperature display a little messed up (not sure if its the controller or the chiller, I have a temperature gun on order to get a more accurate reading), when compared with my temperature controller, the figures are off, even when adjusting them, sometime it's 0.1c, 0.2c, 0.3c, 0.4c faster or slower, some times its the same, but either way, it's consider accurate, and reaches the same figures at the end with 25c kicks off and 26c kicks on. May be I should use the same sensor/probe then it could be more accurate, the temperature controller used a metal end sensor, whiles the Hailea used a plastic. it takes about 8 minutes from 26C to 25C. it takes about  49 minutes after the chiller reaches 25C to 26C. But the weather is a lot better than a few months ago.