Breeding Rack No.2

BlueBolts

As per my previous post, perseverance and patience, has won the day ! Planted the seed on the family that I needed another breeding rack, and eventually got the green light ! Yahoo, only condition, is that it needed to look nice !

So this was my 1st breeding rack ...

post-1018-139909858629_thumb.jpg

And this is the framework for the 2nd.... Approx 20% reduction in side...just needs to be sanded, and painted with a highgloss/piano finish white.

post-1018-139909858634_thumb.jpg

Sump design will be identical, with 2 filters (2215 & G3) to sump, and a sump pump to UV to tanks. Like the 1st setup, each tank has a outflow tap, for optional isolation. Had used a denitrator previously, but may consider another option/means for nitrate reduction.

Used corflu, for the flaps, with magnets, and works really well,....very happy with the 1st setup/design, so keeping status quo.

Just waiting for Oli(Aquotix & Forum Sponsor) to build my tanks/sump (c'mon Oli, there's 24 hours in a day...hehe). This will be replacing my Aqua620T, and the existing 2215 filter/chiller will be used for this setup....so filter seeded, G3 in full cycle mod, and we'll be off and running.....

Will have a Aquaone 620T to give away in 2013, modified with a CADE light...

post-1018-139909858638_thumb.jpg

Cant wait ....

post-24-139909858213_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858217_thumb.jpg

post-24-13990985822_thumb.jpg

Man that is a very crisp rack bb. Is there threads on the makings?

I have been lucky to get the go ahead on my first shrimp rack haha

This new rack is going to look sweet:triumphant: what will be going in it Marcus? any special projects?

That rack looks amazing, love how the light shines in each tank

marcus your a lucky man!! 1 question if you were given permission for another 'rack' why only 2 tanks? thought you might of gone BIG

• Like 1

Man that is a very crisp rack bb. Is there threads on the makings?

I have been lucky to get the go ahead on my first shrimp rack haha

Hi mickeyG, I think I posted a thread on my original build, but not 100% sure..... basically just used 90x90 & 90x45mm treated pine...a little bulky, but suited the design/tools.... All tanks were pre-drilled for the overflow, with each tank having a spray bar (with tap for isolation)....nothing revolutionary in design. Will find the thread, otherwise will post pics...

Thanks

lachie1998 - Thanks mate.....yes, for my tigers...

Ziek - The original thought was to have the entire fascia covered with perspex, and lighted from the back....but due to cost, and didn't want to make it look like a cabinet from a cosmetic store.

Brado - 2 tanks, but divided (so 4 @ 45lt)......it had to be a compromise, as my sell to the Mrs was that I was using the same filter, chiller etc...from my Aqua620T....so couldn't really make it larger....plus, 4 tanks is enough !

Northboy - Yes, it was a patient 2 month project.... 1st mentioned that if these special shrimps bred, I would need to have a breeding set-up. After they got berried, I mentioned it again, when the shrimplets appeared, I shared the excitement and joy with the family, and as more got berried etc....and the colony grew, I said I would get rid on one tank, add a breeding rack, using the same filter, chiller etc, and make it match the 1st rack....so all good :-) Good luck.

Some details pics of the 1st breeding tank...

tank without fascia/cover

post-1081-139909847382_thumb.jpg

garden spike light with 12W LED

post-29-139909847386_thumb.jpg

sump, prior to install of denitrator, sump pump...recently moved the chiller outside, and replace with an additional 2217.

post-24-139909858646_thumb.jpg

post-24-13990984703_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909847033_thumb.jpg

Just waiting for Oli(Aquotix & Forum Sponsor) to build my tanks/sump (c'mon Oli' date=' there's 24 hours in a day...hehe)

[/quote']

*Que recorded message* Your business is very important to us. You have been placed in a que and we'll be with you as soon as possible* :p

If it's any consolation I believe the glass has been ordered, its in the que after my new shrimp tank ;) I've been waiting since October, but he's been hectic busy with everything, not to mention all the big tanks.

It's great to see how that rack has scrubbed up. It looks the goods. I still remember it sitting at the shop for weeks and constantly eyeing it. Nice to see Ollie's waterchange labels on the sump are still intact. I'm sure that rack has paid for itself a few times over by now, considering the shrimp you breed. I presume you've told the minister of war and finance technically it's free/ subsidized from the money earnt ;)

Looks awesome Marcus! Cant wait to see it up and running. Ive sowed the seeds to get dad to let me get some more tanks... hes loving the shrimp, he came in the other night and said "I found some cherry shrimp for sale on gumtree, there super cheap, should I get them for the tank?" haha I tried to convince him to get his own for the cherries ;)

Thanks Dean......plus to seal the deal, I got my wife a mini iPad for her B'Day.....thought I'd seal the deal ! LOL

Sajica....don't know how to break this to you but the customers tank's comes 1st. :p

Will fwd updates as I proceed along....and Kimbo, if you sowed enough seeds, and nuture them, eventually one will sprout, and give way for a new beginning ! Time is on our side ! LOL

Thanks Al4n, was motivated with the Benibachi Thailand aquarium's as my breeding setup was always gonna be black or white. Kept status quo on the 1st rack, so the build was much easier having the benefit of the 1st rack as reference.

The rack is all plumbed in and once the silicon is cured. It'll be out into its final position, with Benibachi soil, oxidator, filters (cycling & existing).....

post-32-139909847476_thumb.jpgpost-24-13990984748_thumb.jpeg

Decided to house the chiller outside the rack, due to space and ventilation issues. My 1st rack had issues cooling down due to the chiller being too close to the wall/enclosure etc. had assumed I could use the existing chiller (Resun CL-150) on my aquaone 620T tank, but realise its recommended capacity was 120lt, damn !!!! So have ordered a Hailea 150a from Aquotix.

Really pleased with the progress, no issues to date...:cheerful:

post-24-139909847123_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909847126_thumb.jpg

Looking good mate. I'll have to hire you out to come build me a sweet setup like that in the new year :p

Thanks all, had initially thought long and hard about the design. Oli from Aquotix designed the functionality of the sump/filter system.....so a combination of beauty and the beast, who's who is still up for debate....LOL

Was initially reluctant to use 90x90mm post and 90x45mm bearers, as perhaps a tad overkill structurally, but it allowed me a gap of 45mm on both sides of the setup to run all the tubes/pipes etc, and after the cladding with corflu, gave it a sleek look.

Al4n, difficult to hold back but I will....still need to drain, shift and relocate the 620T tank.

Alvin, wished I could see your setup in person to get more pointers

Brado, have I got a deal for you ! Will discuss when we catch up next.

One area I'm still undecided about is a nitrate reducing system..... Had used a de-nitrator on the 1st breeding tank, but looking at using another system of reducing nitrates, any suggestions ?

Thanks