• Similar Content

• Aquahobby
      By Aquahobby
      Hey guyz, im cycling a 30l tank to get some rcs in it. The tank is almost cycled and im thinking of getting them next week. 
      I have tested the water and the kH is at 9 and ph is 7 (i have yet to buy a gh test as i bought the jbl pack and didnt realise it does not include gh). I have read about parameter for neo carodina and they say that the hardier the water the better. But i have also read that the water can be too hard which will make it hard for them to molt.
      What would you recommend for the parameters ? And how much should i start as a basic colony? 

• GotCrabs
      By GotCrabs
      Hi all, haven't really been on for awhile due to life's challenges that get thrown our way from time to time but have thought I would jump on and ask for some suggestions on the following.
      My Mum has a bright red Betta that she adores and it's currently in a 12g that I use to keep all my shrimp in, well the Betta took care of them all and I'm in the process of making it back into a shrimp only tank with just Anubias on driftwood and Moss, so I am after some suggestions for an all in one nano set up for a Betta, I've looked on eBay and haven't found anything I really like or should I say trust that won't break as some look quite cheap and would like to buy her something decent that will do the job well, checked out the Fluval Chi but think the lighting is quite poor though, so think that's out of the question also.
      Anyway, if anyone could give me some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    • Zebra
      By Zebra
      Hello, 
      So today while visiting a friend who works at my local fish shop I could help but buy a couple of Bettas they had there, we've been talking lately about Bettas they plan to breed. 
      I've got them in they 5-bay I sumped over my shrimp tank till I set them up a better tank, lol.

• Serra
      By Serra
      Hi all,
      I'm not sure if anyone will see this, but I'll give it a try!
      I'm currently having some issues with my male Plakat that is 10 months old.
      I have a 20 liter tank, heated, with a 30cm pro z led light.
      The tank used to be scaped but he began to look unwell. We have another empty tank so I had him in there for about a week and he got better. Basically I've been putting him back and forth between tanks until I ended up taking everything out and he had a bare bottom tank with some rocks anubias and moss. This has gone well for about a month but yesterday he appears for a better word, lethargic. He seems to be spending a lot of time towards the top of the tank.
      This is becoming highly frustrating as I am more than happy to have a nice landscaped tank for him but he doesn't seem to like it.
      The ph is around 7.2
      27deg
      All water tests have been very low as I give him a small amount of fresh waster daily. I've tried straight tap with Prime, RO with equilibriam and a mix of both. There are always IAL in the tank also.
      Any thoughts/help/comments would be greatly appreciated!
      Cheers
      Serra

• Jarhead9506
      By Jarhead9506
      Hi all :) Just wondering im new to SKF and shrimp keeping and ive got a small 6gal tank setup with fluval stratum substrate, a sponge filter and heater, looking to keep cherry red shrimp and was thinking okay ive got a api water test kit that tests the PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels but where or what do you use to find out the other important values like GH, KH and TDS? First post still new to forums in general so if i did something wrong please dont kill me haha :P thanks guys :D

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      +1 for the sponge. 
    • Crabclaw
      Definitely go the sponge. 
    • DEL 707
      I'm no expert, but 1 does seem a fair bit "chunkier" then the rest. Got a bit of a new problem though. I saw 1 of the shrimp cleaning away near the filter intake grill last night. He did look like he might have just been small enough to slip through. I was thinking of buying some filter sponge to jam behind the grill to stop them getting in.
    • Crabclaw
      That’s a cool idea! I would be interested in testing that out as well at some point. Let us know if you try it!
    • sdlTBfanUK
      We don't get the heat you do their but I am planning to get a cooler, a fan when we get to spring if the shrimps do well. I don't know whether that type of cooler is available where you are and it may not be powerful enough anyway. I will just put it on the tank when needed, but thats unlikely to be often here, and so  easy to set up. Obviously this isn't any good where you are based but I wanted to show an alternative to the chiller in case that suits? https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/aquarium-coolers/3100-jbl-cooler-200-aquarium-cooler-4014162604293.html?search_query=cooler&results=8  Believe me when I say you don't want to go through the heartache of cooked shrimps, I am still gutted 6 months later and the new lot will never be the same???? CO2 and shrimps is very risky and so I wouldn't use it, especially if it isn't needed and everything is ok? Simon