Shrimp Lollies

sdlTBfanUK

• 2 years later...

These look like they always cause a frenzy! Thank you for sharing. I've been wary to buy them though since I read (I think on FB) that someone left them in their tank and forgot. It affected the water parameters so much it killed some of their caridina. Is there any truth to that?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chels said:

It affected the water parameters so much it killed some of their caridina. Is there any truth to that?

There is always a possibility with that. Too much food in a very small tank can cause a spike in ammonia that leads to the death of livestock.

• Like 2

That would be the same with any food product, though how you could forget it was there is a bit of a mystery? I used them as a replacement to the normal food once a week and if there aren't about 50+ shrimp I would break one in half and use that instead of a whole one (as in the picture above I believe)!

Overfeeding is a very common problem in this hobby, people often seem to forget the shrimp eat the iofilm etc that grows in the tank and commercial food is just a top-up or treat so very llittl should be used, usually a lot less than the manufacturers recommend, as they have another motive?

Simon

• Like 2