Cholla wood turning red

regormang

So I been having some deaths with my rcs 10 gallon tank. I'm not sure what is going on to be exactly and assuming it might be bacterial. I also keep tiger shrimp with my rcs and i had my berried one die.

The parameters are:

Ph 6.5

Tds 180

Gh 7

Kh 0-1

Temperatures around 70-75 f

Ammonia nitrate and nitrite 0

Today I noticed my cholla was red and wondering if that's what might be causing it. I keep up with water changes 20% biweekly. Any advice would be appreciatedaefd59723ab4a3e7878ab38284cea7dd.jpg9ac4f02dec51bf2a8ab13b4cb912fe75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You can try removing the cholla wood and see if that helps.

What about diet?
Yeah it's been taken out. Plenty of almond leaves, spinach, cucumbers, algae wafers, and king shrimp food

Take a look at the ingredients of your dry food. If the foods aren't algae based (including so called "algae wafers") then look into a food that is algae based.

If there's a heater, consider removing it. 

Have there been many deaths? Can you think of any changes prior to the deaths occurring?

So the heater has been disconnected since it's summer here in the states. There was no change prior to the tiger dying. But the deaths had continued for about two days about 1 cherry shrimp each day. Each time they were that pink color as shown in the previous picture. The red wood happened in my brother's tank and he was having deaths too. b13d01135044a771d9f429ea8671e923.jpg

So probably best to "sit and wait", see how they do. Maybe do some water changes, too.

May still have deaths afterwards, which could still be linked to the cholla wood.

• Like 1

So probably best to "sit and wait", see how they do. Maybe do some water changes, too.
May still have deaths afterwards, which could still be linked to the cholla wood.
Agreed! I pulled out the wood and waiting a few more days to pass and proceed with doing a 50% water change. The deaths aren't happening at an alarming rate at the moment

• Like 1