• Similar Content

• greysmithy
      By greysmithy
      Hello guys,
      I am curios how a cross-breed would look like between the galaxy pinto and the TB.
      Does anyone here have a picture of the cross-breed? I would love to see how they look.
      I have looked every  were but can't find anything about them.

Kind regards,
      Greysmithy

• Karoluks
      By Karoluks
      Hello,
      Feeling that i have enough experiance to start with taiwan bee colony. Think about new setup for 20-25 taiwan bees.
      What mix with KK`s you guys prefer/offering?
      Now i`m thinking KK + R Rubies, maybe some pintos. Looking forward your ideas :)
    • Shrimp Farm
      By Shrimp Farm
      Hello guys.
      I'd like to share some of my Pinto mix. Hope that U like them. Plis tell me aswell should I start as a part of my chanel english version :)

• hihat
      By hihat
      I got some nice specimen from my mix-aquarium with TB's, pinto's, taitibees etc, etc, The first 2 photos (I think) must be a mix from a pinto zebra and a kingkong, The red one is probably a red tiger and the same father? I've got 2 of the  blacks and about 10 of the red ones, I have put them apart from the rest and see what the next genereation will be. Sorry for the quality of the photo's, they're just from my iPhone, the macrolens I ordered hasn't arrived yet :-(
      Greetings from the Netherlands

• cipas
      By cipas
      Hey guys,
      Does anyone breed blue bolts from mischlings ? I've searched for a guide but didn't find one, read a lot about crossbreeding and soon I want to start a project to produce my own blue bolts.
      I need your advices on this.
      Thank you! 
  • Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Perry
      G'day jayc, Many thank for your informative reply. I have looked on eBay and found this Macro Plant Fertilizer.  Would you recommend this if not could you tell me another you would suggest I purchase. Cheers Perry
    • jayc
      Hey Sonny, please don't take my post the wrong way. There was no need to apologise. We all start somewhere and we learn along the way. Sometimes it's a trial and error. I was just trying to share some knowledge with tank cycling so that you didn't need to go through trial and error learning.  Rather than following youtube blindly with 2 water changes a week, you now know exactly when you need to do water changes. Your specific tank might only need one water change a week while cycling. Or if pH drops too low, it might need more than that. But you are now armed with that info.  
    • jayc
      It's a moss of some variety, but it's not easy identifying what type of moss when it's all bunched up like that. Java Moss is the most common, so if I was to guess, that's what it is. Moss will grow any where. You can just drop it onto the bottom of the tank, anchor it to a drift wood or rock, or wedge it between ornaments so it doesn't float around.   Not quite sure what the other plant is. It could be an Amazon Echinodorus Bleheri sword or a Cryptocoryne Wendtii. The one with brown/yellow spots is a very unhealthy specimen due to nutrient deficiency. If you set up the new tank and let it run with no livestock in it, you can treat the plants with lots of light and Macro fertilisers.  The old leaves cannot be saved, but new leaves should be green again. Look for aquarium fertilisers that are labelled Macro or contain Potassium and Phosphate. A fert with Iron and trace elements won't hurt either. An All-In-One fertiliser should have Potassium, Phosphate, Iron and trace elements, so look out for that. Just make sure you change out the water before adding any shrimps in. We don't want to add shrimps into a tank that has too much ferts, as that will have a wildly different water parameter that the shrimps prefer.
    • jayc
      That will be fine, as long as the hose they provide is long enough.
    • jayc
      Yes. The bacteria will be reduced to suit the load of the tank. Likewise it will increase if there is more inhabitants. But this process is not instantaneous of course. That's why you don't add a huge amount of new tank inhabitants in one go.