• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Nebish
      I have the opposite problem... too many males. Bought some Black Rose. 15 males and 5 females. Dumped 10 males in my cull tank.
    • Nebish
      Love it! Looks great! Is that filter shrimp safe?
    • jayc
      Nice and minimalist. What is that substrate you are using? It's so "round".
    • Able
      I tried that trick in the bottle and worked nicely. Here’s the 10 gallon cardinia tank only have 5 crs and 5 cbs and one blue bolt  The wood is buried to keep it from floating till it’s water logged.
    • jayc
      If you purchased Salty Shrimp GH+, that is a premixed mineraliser. That means the manufacturer has premixed Calcium sulphate and Magnesium sulphate together at a ratio of around 4:1. If you want more control over the Ca:Mg ratio or if you want to make GH/KH+ you can purchase these ingredients and mix your own.  I have a sticky post in Water Parameters, if you are ever curious of making your own remineraliser.   If you want a bit more control over the parameters you get from Salty Shrimp ... mix it into a plastic water bottle. Fill 1/4 or 1/3 of the bottle with SS GH+ and add RO water. Dissolve the SS GH+ and drip only as much as you need from the bottle for each water change.