SaltyShrimp Bee Shrimp GH+ vs Softwater GH+

edishrimp

Hey guys!

Recently decided to invest in an RODI unit to improve the quality of the water in my shrimp tanks and reduce the margin for any catastrophic deaths. However, sadly my LFS doesn't seem to carry anymore SS Bee Shrimp GH+ minerals. The owner does however have the fish version for soft-water environments and he claims that there isnt a difference. The dosage amount seems similar between the two as well. Does anyone have any experience with using it with shrimp?

Image result for salty shrimp gh+The packaging looks like this in case anyone was wondering!

Thanks in advance!!

14 hours ago, edishrimp said:

he claims that there isnt a difference.

Oh please!

How can there be no difference? Why even bother having a separate product in that case?

The big difference Softwater GH+ to the Bee Shrimp GH+ is that Softwater GH+ also alters pH, whereas Bee Shrimp GH+ does not.

That is a big difference.

We always say, "Don't use pH Down to reduce your pH in the tank" or "don't use chemicals to reduce pH". Well, this is what Softwater GH+ does. It increases TDS but has chemicals to reduce pH.

If you can't find SS GH+ , Do It Yourself.

Have you not read my DIY remineralising thread? The ingredients are all there for you to make it yourself.

Edited by jayc