Shrimp Snow

Sheldon13

Where do I get some?  When I google it, all that comes up is recipes for cooking shrimp and snow peas, and then on the shopping side what comes up is "Natto Shrimp Snow."  The Natto Shrimp Snow is brown pellets.  What I see in people's pictures here is white flakes.  Can someone tell me how to order it or what the proper name is so I can get the right thing?  Thank you!

On 7/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, Sheldon13 said:

Where do I get some?  When I google it, all that comes up is recipes for cooking shrimp and snow peas, and then on the shopping side what comes up is "Natto Shrimp Snow."  The Natto Shrimp Snow is brown pellets.  What I see in people's pictures here is white flakes.  Can someone tell me how to order it or what the proper name is so I can get the right thing?  Thank you!

Hi Sheldon,

Personally Natto Shrimp snow isn't a spectacular product. My corys and fish seem to like it more than my shrimp ? but i believe the product you're looking for is one of these?

GlasGarten Shrimp Snacks Snow Flakes

https://www.amazon.com/GlasGarten-Shrimp-Snacks-Snow-Flakes/dp/B00U7Q9HKG/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1532317033&sr=1-5&keywords=snow+shrimp+food

Mosura Graze is also a good alternative though I havent been able to find many retailers selling the non plus version

Do make sure that you siphon out the remainders after a few hours as snowflakes are notorious for fouling up tank water (especially the white variety). I find that those in stick forms tend to stick together much better (no pun intended) ?  

On 7/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, Sheldon13 said:

Sheldon. where are you located? 

You guys know what these "snow" pellets are don't you??

$15 for a 30g pack !!

Just buy this ...

$27.50 for 20kg !

https://www.mooeys.com.au/maxi-soy-20kg

Yes. That is exactly what shrimp snow flake food is.

100% soy hulls. Used to feed horses. Anyone selling these products are repackaging them and calling it shrimp food and charging you multiple times the amount. 1kg of this will last you a lifetime of shrimp keeping. Sell the other 19kg to friends and profit.

1 hour ago, Sheldon13 said:

I'm in Texas.  

What? No horses in Texas?

Just google it.

1 hour ago, Sheldon13 said:

Why does it turn into little white flakes in the water?

When you add water to the pellets, it turns into those flakes you see. It's just soy hulls.