Hello

fishmosy

After hanging around for a few weeks now, i'd better say hello. I'm Ben from Coffs harbour, NSW and currently keep way more fish than shrimp, mostly L numbers and cichlids.However, i now have a four ft tank setup for RCS, with about 300 in there. Planning on setting up another tank for CRS but have to get rid of some fish and their tanks to do so. I've kept RCS and CRS before, had the CRS breeding too, that was until the kids my mum fosters ended up putting a whole container of fish food in the tank. As you can imagine everything died. hence keeping shrimp was put on the backburner for a good 18 months. I've also kept some native shrimp before too, mainly glass, riffle and macrobrachium. Love the riffles, its a real shame they cant compete in terms of colour with non-natives but they are awesome to watch.Cheers Ben

Welcome to the forum, Fishmosy. Shame about the CRS, Hope you can get a setup dedicated to them them soon :)

welcome mate, sounds like a good aquatic history you have! got any pics of your native shrimp you were keeping?

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum mate.

good old Coffs, i lived there for 3 1/2 years a in the late 90's.

and working in the RSL for a year or so too. love that place.

look forward to seeing some pics of your tanks.

cheers Dean

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. Sorry don't have any pics of the natives I've kept, i'll be sure to post pics when i get some more (one day).