Caridina babaulti ?

ytl99

Does not appear likely to be in my opinion but hard to say without a clearer picture. I had babaulti and they had a more slender body than other dwarf shrimp I've kept but I could well be wrong! Can you get a picture under different light ?

The lighting there makes it look as though it could be unwell but again I'm only guessing without a better image.

This shrimp is wild collected from Malaysia, it produce larvae and need brackish for the larvae to grow, I have successfully breeding it.

Over here we called it malayan shrimps, but when I started to breeding searching for malayan shrimps info, it appear that malayan breeding method are not the same as this. So just to need to confirm what are this shrimps as I breed it and market it, no one done this before, the supply in the market are all wild collected, and becomes of pollution it become lesser and lesser right now.

Based on the information, i would this it would be better to call it rainbow shrimps as it can be in red, green yellow orange blue and black color.

any one can advise on this ?

Limited info about this shrimp, looking for clarification.

1E8AA242-B073-4CFE-A25D-CE560C075EEE.jpeg

Edited by ytl99

Ignoring the colour, these look like Babaulti.

What info are you looking for specifically?

• 5 weeks later...

The shape of the rostrum looks different to babs, I’d say it was something else. You can not rely on colour when trying to ID shrimp.