Reputation points?

Gino

Hey guys, occasionally I get a message saying I have received rep points? Can anyone shed light on what they are or what they represent, as in general I always see rep power being "1" on anyone's avatar thingy

G

ahhh i see,

ok, I think I got it.... So the rep power is a reference to the green thingy under my shrimp, and the more points you get the more green thingies you get...?

Does this mean that if I say something like "1+1=2" someone should put rep points on it cause its accurate and trustworthy??? :p

• Like 1

ok so finally worked it out correctly.

every time you click the little button you can give someone reputation points.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1292[/ATTACH]

for every 100 reputation points earned, you will gain 1 extra green dot on the bar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1293[/ATTACH]

the more green dots you accumulate the more that member is respected in the community and can be trusted :)

Its all about thanking the good members and showing your appreciation for there efforts with threads, answers etc..

post-29-139909847004_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Click on your profile and then onto the reputation tab. All will be revealed there 8)

I can not find the REP tab.... i have looked and looked but dont have one... :(

If you want to award reputation points. What you do is *assuming you have the topic open and you're looking at the users post* Look on over to where their avatar is. Now in the long horizontal grey bar under neath their post where it says "Reply"and "Reply with Quote"

The opposite side to that, back to where the avatar is. Now next to "Blog This post" is a little grey star. Now click it and add to their reputation.

You have just awarded them a Reputation Point

Congratulations :)

It took me a while to figure it out too

• Like 1

click on your own name at top of page and you will see this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1392[/ATTACH]

press the Reputation tab and you will see who gave you rep points and there comment

post-29-139909847176_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...