Sign in to follow this  
WhySoCRS

PetWorx Nano 45

WhySoCRS

Hi, has anyone had any experience with a PetWorx Nano 45? Local fish store has one on sale for $90, considering grabbing it while it's at that price.

It's a all in one set up, filter compartments at the back, pump, sponge media, lid, LED, looks nice but wouldn't mind knowing if anyone has any experience with one though.

Cheers.

jayc

I'm not allowed to bring anymore new tanks into the house 😄

I saw a review of the nano30 on youtube. Looks like a nice little, all in one unit. 

Lots of holes that need to be blocked with mesh if you are using it for shrimp however.

You could do a review of it and let us all know whether it's any good.

At least it's a good price at $90, it's usually $119.

• Like 1

WhySoCRS

Yeah I watched that review, was thinking if I grabbed it (if it's still there) that I would have to use either SS mesh or sponge to block the holes up, would be an ideal heavily planted shrimp tank.

ageofaquariums

We sell lots of them and they are very loved :) If using for shrimp or fry, you add mesh on the inside of the filter. That way its not even visable! The other easy mod is blocking up those slots entirely and then cutting into the top of the plastic wall above them to create some surface skimming action! This can then be meshed to! Most impressive the plant growth you can achieve with that little LED, and its kinda OP to even add another one.

• Like 2

WhySoCRS

Ended up buying it, was still there thankfully, have no idea where it's going to go but I wanted to grab it while it was there at that price, $90, win.

It'll be a planted shrimp tank, not sure which kind of shrimp though, nor what to plant, but would love to do a heavily planted nano some day and think this would be ideal.

WhySoCRS

Well this set up is still sitting in it's box, still undecided what to do with it, don't really have a spot for it at the moment in the home so just going to hang on to it for awhile.

Ishtarduzzie

I was looking at getting this by the sources I found were all out of stock. I liked that it was a taller tank.... but worried the back would take out too much tank space 🤔

• Like 1

WhySoCRS

Yeah I don't mind the tank, just in it's box still as I'm not sure where I can put the tank too but I figured I'd hang on to it as it was a good price and also a good set up.

Could come a long as a Bloody Mary or Blue Dream tank perhaps in time, but for now I'm working on my CRS 70l.