Mating Shrimp - 3 males on 1 female

travellife

I just caught 3 male Neocaridina shrimp ganged up on 1 saddled female. Is this normal behavior? It's the 1st time I've see shrimp mating so it was rather shocking how long they held her, she couldn't move for 10 minutes. Another male came along and it broke them up. I'm still trying to find her to see if she's OK.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Several males trying to mate with one female is not uncommon. Though, 10 mns seems a bit long for me. Your male might be the Rocco Siffredi of the tank ?

All 4 of them, 10 minutes, if not longer cause that's when I started watching them. Was worried about the female but she seems fine, she's the largest of a group of 15.

*3 of them that is. Smaller tank, 4 gallons.

• 3 weeks later...
All 4 of them, 10 minutes, if not longer cause that's when I started watching them. Was worried about the female but she seems fine, she's the largest of a group of 15.

*3 of them that is. Smaller tank, 4 gallons.

You absolutely must see this epic footage captured by our very own@fishmosy. Complete with very appropriate music.

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]
will

• 3 weeks later...
You absolutely must see this epic footage captured by our very own@fishmosy:. Complete with very appropriate music.

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]
will

Wow! That makes my shrimp's encounter look tame. Cannot believe the females are unscathed by such a pileup.

Here's my video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZtDrKyMZofFRE7Ep1

• Haha 1