Sign in to follow this  
NatefromSa

60lt Shrimp haven

NatefromSa

Think I'll need a gravity fed system, using RO water at this stage. Cape Town is not in a great state with the drought we having.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Cesar
      Welcome to SKFA @DNTM_Shrimp_Breeders !
    • DNTM_Shrimp_Breeders
      I am sorry for some reasons the picture did not go through the last time 🙂 Also, I am cycling 3 more tanks for a new journey with Taiwan Bee shrimps 🙂
    • jayc
      If there are no shrimps in the tank, you can do a 100% water change with water that is adjusted to your liking with Salty shrimp GH/KH+.
    • jayc
      😲 wow!   Where is the pic? And welcome to SKFA.
    • DNTM_Shrimp_Breeders
      Hello everyone, This is my first post at SKF Aquatics forum.  I came across this forum by reading the amazing post about breeding Taiwan Bees shrimp written by Jayc.  Regarding my first post, I just want to share with everyone the result that I've got from my little experiment with my current colony of PRL CRS.  A little bit about myself, I've been keeping all kind of shrimps over the last 3 years, starting with ghost shrimps, then move on the Amano shrimps, then cherry shrimps, and now I have 4 tanks of 2000+ PRL CRS and CBS.  About 6 months ago, after having some difficult time of finding ADA at a good price, I decided to start an experiment on keeping PRL CRS in a tank without active substrate to see if it's possible as well as if there are any problems of not having an active substrate.  I setup a 20 gallon tank with regular cheap gravel, 1 driftwood, 1 cholla wood, some annubias, and some subwassertang.  I use RODI water and remineralize it to the TDS of 130.  pH of my RODI water is 7.2 to 7.5.  I did not cycle the new tank because I was using two sponge filters from the other existing tanks.  I then moved 25 PRL CRS from well-established tank that has pH of 6.6 and TDS of 135 to the new tank.  After about 6 months, the result that I got is pretty amazing.  I've got tons of baby shrimps and lots of berried female.  Attached is the picture of the experiment tank 🙂