changing Asian power plug.

Zebra

Hello,

Do you ever find great products online we don't otherwise have access to here in Australia?

I find power adaptors tend to make a very poor unstable connection, and adding a new plug end isn't everyone's cup of tea.

So As long as your product is:

220-250v 50-60hz (which is used by a lot of Asia and also Australian power standards) 

You can simply bend the male terminals carefully to create a stable, Solid connection to fit our Australian power points. These products like some of our electronics run with only 2 wires and no earth, you can plug them in either direction and they will operate.

IMG_3824.JPG

Asia plug on top.

Australian plug underneath.

IMG_3823.JPG

One at a time carefully bend the male terminals with pliers till the plug fits Aus power points.

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

Thats about it, I'd recommend maybe using an un plugged extension cord to test the plug fit, always be careful doing anything with or around electricity.

This is what I do and it works safely for me given the device is rated correctly, Do this at your own risk though, imo I believe this is a safer connection then the loosely fitting power adapters. 

Edited by Zebra
  • Like 1

Nice one I know exactly what you mean with the insecure power adapters !!

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]
will

• Like 1