Mixing colors of Neocaridina davidi- my rainbow tank at feeding time...

@ashrimplab

This tank has been 14 months in the making.  I have not seen my shrimp revert to dull, wild colors.  I have gotten some amazing, new, rare shades and patterns like jade, and marble, and koi. A fun way to enjoy the hobby!  Have a look, it is quite a rainbow!  #shrimplab   

• Like 4

The problem wont be within the first two years. Its after that. At 4 years, they will each get brownish and it will only get worse. But they do look beautiful at the start!

3 hours ago, Matuva said:

so, that's a good way of having different colors to start and then go the selective breeding route?

It has been a blast!  I have pulled out 5 new colors/patterns to breed-  and the tank is amazing to watch!  Below is a link to a playlist if you want to see those 5.

I started with blue dream, cherries, chocolate, blue aura, yellow golden back, yellow, orange, pumpkin, chocolate.  

4 minutes ago, @farmdee6 said:

It has been a blast!  I have pulled out 5 new colors/patterns to breed-  and the tank is amazing to watch!  

I started with blue dream, cherries, chocolate, blue aura, yellow golden back, yellow, orange, pumpkin, chocolate

Oh, and red rili.

Edited by @farmdee6

Looks amazing!

I only have red cherries, a very few oranges.

I also have a colony of carbon rili throwing offsprings such as blue jelly, red/blue rili, carbon/blue rili and some nice black roses.

As I have a tank dedicated to plants, I think it will soon become a "lab tank" :happy:

Edited by Matuva
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...