Clash of the Titans!

Heavyd

Watch this video where my juvie peppermint catfish parts the sea of yellow cherry. My favourite part is at 0:47 sec - yellow fights back lol

Click on image below for video.

th_20121206_144400_zps6b0f8c8b.jpg

LOl, thanks for sharing...that's a beautiful colony of yellow cherries, very vibrant yellow....and that peppermint OMG....is that just called a peppermint catfish ? or does it have a L name ?

Nice Vid! Marcus there just called peppermint bristlenose, I think they tried to attach an L to them but as they couldnt work out the correct one (Think they were leaning towards L183 or something) we have in Aus it just goes by 'peppermint bristlenose'

That one looks a lot better than most I have seen in Perth though!

Thanks for the clarification Kimbo....such a beautiful fish....not 100% convince they don't effect shrimplets though...

I put 20 cherries in with my pep colony a few months ago. Now here must be over 1000 cherries. Even if the peps eat some, plenty make it to adulthood. IME peps are more keen on eating stuff that stays still.

Marcus I know of a few people who have put cherries etc in with there catties as the young and adults will eat shrimplets so free feeders, also apparently the adult cherries etc apparently keep the eggs fungus free when the catfish breed which is an added bonus!

Thanks for the comments guys. I thought I would trial some in my tank. Always wanted them. To be honest, I have barely seen them since I got them. Need to get some more caves I think.