Thanks Mum

ineke

• HOF Member

I haven't fed my shrimp cucumber for a very long time . Do you think they like it?image.thumb.jpeg.9d683d1a9a43eb876985cf2ebfa8e3fc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a2afc3c61a3ae9f5205e31b6d0001f38.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e52cef4f5a3d4a01f2a05f9b5bd24e28.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.22ebc52976a779c3dec463f2fd6f91c2.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 years later...

Do they eat the skin of the cucumber as well? And is cucumber very nutritious, or just an occasional food like snowflake food? Awesome colonies though!

• Like 2

• HOF Member

@unofficialzoo generally just the skin is left. It does have some nutritional value. Snow flake in itself may not be nutritious but it's the bacteria that ends up on it that makes it a good food. I generally leave a large piece of snowflake in the tank and leave it's until gone. The shrimp do eat the snowflake as well . Their all time favourite food for my shrimp has always been mulberry leaves. The plants are easily propagated- just stick a thin  branch in some soil and keep it moist- the shrimp get the leaves and I eat the mulberries!! The leaves can be blanched and fed - again i leave  the leaf in until there are only veins left - even the babies can be seen munching out on the leaves as they soften. You can also dry them- i use a clean pillow case and hang the leaves on the clothes line in the pillow case to allow airflow until they are dry- no mould build up this way- then the leaves can be fed without blanching. i also pulverise the leaves to add to my dry baby food mix.

• Like 3