Sign in to follow this  
NoGi

Bloody Mary Giveaway for subscription members

NoGi

Been thinking of subscribing? Getting access to our recently repurposed RAOK subforum is one of the benefits you will enjoy.

An example of a RAOK just posted by one of our members: 

You can find the link to become a subscription member in my signature below.

• Like 2

neo-2FX

FREE Shrimp people!!! ?

• Like 1

Burger

Free shrimp! Me ME me ME me me me ne me me please please please

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

See no link!

klsuth12au

I dont see the link either :/

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

klsuth12au

I needed to go on the website, I'm now subscribed :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Burger

Thanks Nogi. Just my luck. :-)

revolutionhope
@Burger:, give away only for australian residents for this one sorry.
@klsuth12au:, link to become a subscription member is in my signature.
https://skfaquatics.com/forum/store/category/3-member-subscriptions/

I am actually happy to post wherever o /s but it's up to you to figure out logistics and freight as I've never sent overseas before! I don't know what the cost might be either or transit times..

will

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Grubs
      Salt is good too.  Pool salt is very cheap.  If I want to remove snails from a tank I remove all the livestock drop the level of water to 30-50mm above the substrate.  I lie the sponges down on the shallow water and put in a few cups of salt to make a solution that is about 40-50ppt (more than sea water).  I keep the sponges in  and I stir up the gravel and wash the side of the tank down with the salty water. After a good overnight soak I siphon out the salty water and give one quick rinse, siphon again then refill the tank and start again.  Generally I throw the plants in the compost and get new pieces from a "clean" (snail free) tank.  I use an EC meter to check TDS so this is a quick way to check how well rinsed everything is.  The advantage of vinager and salt over bleach is that both rinse away easily with fresh water.
    • Matuva
      At the moment we feed them with mosquito larvaes and shrimplets from my reds colony (argh!) I just received Daphnia cysts, and I hope I can breed them them fast...
    • jayc
      You don't need to dilute vinegar. Full strength vinegar should kill any nasties. Just rinse everything well and leave it to dry in the sun.  If you are reusing the gravel, boil it or pour boiling water on it. If you were using planted substrate, replace it with new substrate.
    • incomplet
      I'm particularly worried about the amphipods which have become a bit of a plague and burrowed into the substrate. But i guess removing all the aquasoil should resolve the issues. Hence why i want to run a diluted bleach compound into the system to ensure everything is taken care of. Would I be able to do the same with vinegar; running a diluted solution of water and vinegar into the tank and this will eradicate the problems for a restart? I actually didn't think of this; I will definitely give this a go; i rinse out one of the dual sponges in the CBS tank with the aquarium water and use it to seed the tank. Great idea! Thanks @jayc   I was going to try a reputable breeder in QLD; but agree with you.  Especially for someone very amateurish as me; i'd be easily fooled into buying the wrong type.  Thanks again for the advice!
    • jayc
      ✌️   Absolutely only use bleach as the last resort, with nothing in the tank. (6parts water to 1part bleach for future reference). Even white vinegar is safer and probably just as effective for removal of planaria and worms. After you clear the old tank of gravel, give the glass a quick wipe with a vinegar soaked kitchen paper towel. Rinse and let dry in the sun. Use vinegar if that wasn't clear.   Set up the new tank as desired. If your other tanks are free of pests, you can use the filter media to seed this new tank. Wash the filter media in the water of the new tank. Yes, it will be dirty for a while, but you will have seeded it with millions of beneficial bacteria and probably cycle the new tank in a week.   PRL, real PRL, are pretty rare in Aus.  They will demand a high price for them, so check the legitimacy of the PRL. Find out the PRL history. Nice looking CRS is not the same as PRL.