Some awesome changes coming

NoGi

I've been keeping a close watch on the new features that are being added to the next release of the forum software. There are going to be some great changes that are on the way and I'll use this topic to index them all.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the changes will be in the following areas:

• Richer link embedding from within the forum
  • "Clubs" feature
  • Drag and drop support for the editor
  • Reactions
  • Gallery improvements
  • Blog improvements
  • and much much more
  • Like 1

We currently use a default profile photo (square SKF Aquatics logo) when our members have not set one. Whilst this has worked well in the past, it’s time to “get with the times” and this will be changed to be a little more personal. Letter profile photos will make it easy to quickly differentiate multiple members (who have not set a profile photo) in a busy topic.

Default Avatar.PNG

The existing reputation/like system is getting an overhaul and becoming more social like and will be called “Reactions”. Those familiar with social networks will be quite familiar with how this works.
Emotions.PNG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So the new site updates should be here by June sometime. In the meantime, you may want to think about your avatars as we move the default square to a more modern rounded style. Round avatars are available today with some themes but we hadn't made the move yet.

round avatar.png

round avatar.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, neo-2FX said:

@NoGi are these changes still coming?

Most definitely, I’m just waiting on the final release version. They anticipate in Summer season for the US so not far now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm told that the changes will be available in a few weeks time so not long to go now folks.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, upgrade is happening anytime from now and the weekend. :chicken_kool:

I just need to find some time to do it.

• Like 1

And done, will take a few days to turn things on/off but the core upgrade has been done.

Ok Tapatalk is broken at the moment, the updated file they sent me does not work. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1