Dr Tims aquatics products.

Brentwillmers

Hi

I thought I would share my experience in a product that's becoming more available in the Australian market.

Dr Tims aquatics.

When it comes to natural/non or low chemical content additives we always seem to shy away from the higher priced natural remedies and head towards a chemical solution in the belief "it works better"(well at least I always believed it does)

A few aquarium suppliers also like to push there stocked products and big name brands like seachem, Azoo, API etc. (not saying they don't work some are brilliant products) but some products deserve more recognition specially products that continue to advance in every category.

I recently purchased a new tank setup that included a 30cm cube aquarium, ADA Amazonia, Azoo mignon 360 HOB filters, UP aqua 30cm Z-lite and Dr Tims Ammonium Chloride and One & Only Nitrifying Bactria.

Day 1

After setting it all up and flooding the tank with RO water I proceeded to add the recommended dose of Ammonium Chloride to achieve ammonia spike of 2ppm.

I then added the entire 2oz bottle of the Nitrifying Bacteria.

Day 2

Tested for ammonia it had dropped to 0.5ppm so added more Ammonium Chloride to achieve 2ppm

My other parameters are as follows.

NO2 0.5ppm

NO3 0ppm

TDS 100

Day 3

Tested again.

Ammonia 0.5ppm

NO2 2.0ppm

NO3 10ppm

TDS 100

Adjusted ammonia to 2ppm with Ammonium Chloride.

Day 4

Ammonia 0.25ppm

NO2 4.0ppm

NO3 40ppm

Did a 25% water change with remineralized RO water.

Day 5

Ammonia 0ppm

NO2 1ppm

NO3 10ppm

TDS 105

Did nothing

Day 6

Ammonia still 0ppm

NO2 0.5ppm

NO3 5ppm

TDS 105

Left it alone again

Day 7

Ammonia still 0ppm

NO2 0ppm

NO3 5ppm

TDS 105

Day 8

Ammonia 0ppm

NO2 0ppm

NO3 0ppm

TDS 104

Tested for water quality as well.

GH 3gdh

KH 1gdh

PH 6.5

No trace of Iron, phosphorus, copper etc.

practically a perfect fully cycled aquarium.

I decided to leave it for another week to make sure I wasn't getting any leaching of ammonia from the Amazonia substrate.

Day 15 tests

Ammonia still 0ppm

NO2 0ppm

NO3 0ppm

TDS 105-106 (Pen couldn't make its mind up)

PH 6.5

GH 3gdh

KH 1gdh

My tank was fully cycled in 8 day using a substrate renowned for leaching ammonia for sometime. By inducing the nitrogen cycle and adding real live bacteria to complete against the spikes has made patients in cycling aquariums a thing of the past.

I will continue to monitor my water parameters over another week to make dead sure it doesn't show signs of ammonia but I am convinced from my years of planted aquariums and using ADA Amazonia substrate that ammonia at this stage should be cooking in the tank.

Happy shrimping days have just gotten better.

9514e10dc43072e53f2786c1b5c93dbf.jpg

http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/freshwater-aquarium-products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It is great stuff probably some of the best stuff I've ever used.

It's just a pity the tec den don't have the clear up. That's one product I would like to try out in my newly set up planted aquarium.

It's had a bit of a beating over the last few weeks now stuck with a bacteria bloom that's clouding the water. I have considered UV sterilization but can't find one with a small enough footprint for limited space to be mounted.

But after the read up on the Dr Tims clear up I think it will do the job nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk