Neocaridina Prices

Ikhsand10

27 minutes ago, jayc said:

Yes, I studied Indonesian in High School up until my final year, year12. 

I still understand it if I see it written and if someone spoke it slowly. But the slang terms like "nubi" can get me confused. Likely they sound like the english word, so I guessed it was "newbie".

yeah, substrate can be expensive. 

So there's a study about indonesian languange in Australian school?
it's surprising.. ?
is it like a major study? or an optional study?

yes you're right, nubi is a slang for newbie here.. ?

yeah, it cost like 50$-100$ here, it's too much..
compared with the shrimp's prices itself..

seriously? indonesian languange in australian school?? yeah thats right substrate is expensive here

and once more tropical country in here its hard for temp...so hott and chiller more expensive too than substrate here??

Yep. It's a subject you can choose to do. There are other languages you can choose to do at school as well.

Yeah, substrate and chillers might be expensive for you guys in Indonesia, BUT the prices for shrimp are just ridiculously cheap compared to what we pay here. $300+ for a pair of Sulawesi.

So you can't complain. At least substrate and chillers can't die on you like expensive shrimp can.

On 3/27/2017 at 7:05 PM, jayc said:

Yep. It's a subject you can choose to do. There are other languages you can choose to do at school as well.

Yeah, substrate and chillers might be expensive for you guys in Indonesia, BUT the prices for shrimp are just ridiculously cheap compared to what we pay here. $300+ for a pair of Sulawesi.

So you can't complain. At least substrate and chillers can't die on you like expensive shrimp can.

So it's an optional subject..
it's nice that you choose Indonesian.. ?

300$ for a pair of shrimp? ?
is it expensive because it's imported?
but i almost never see sulawesis shrimp sold here either.. ?

yeah, you are right..  it's one way or another..
maybe it's cost you guys more to keep a shrimp, if you have a chiller and buy expensive shrimp.. ?

anyway, thanks for your Information @jayc.. 

The first lot of sulawesi sold in oz that I heard of went for $750 per juvie I think. I guess they had just arrived in oz at that time in 2015.. 300$ a pair sounds like the current price.

• 3 weeks later...

THe issue of expensive substrate is a catch 22, Its better to buy the better substrate to help minimise the risk of losing shrimp which is ultimately in most peoples cases more expensive. 

I love benhibachi but at one point switched to Up Aqua Shrimp soil cause it was considerably cheaper and it had buffering capability to an extent in my tank for over 3 years so definitely got my moneys worth.