Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ikhsand10

Neocaridina Prices

Recommended Posts

Ikhsand10

Hi guys,

i'm just curious, how much does each neocaridina shrimp cost in your country?
i'm in Indonesia, and they are really cheap, i bought 30 red cherry shrimp for about 1 dolar ( 15000 Rupiah )..
Thank You..
 

Edited by Ikhsand10
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishmosy

In Australia, Neocaridina cost somewhere between $0.01 AUD each and $15.00 AUD each depending on rarity and grade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VickiH

I would increase the $15 maximum if you are talking about colours other than red. I have paid $40ea for blue dreams neos not that long ago.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtippitt

I live in the US, and the best price I could price I found was for 40 Fire Red was $100 including shipping costs.  While the initial cost of $2.50 each seemed low, but half of them died within the first week despite perfect water and tank conditions.  I have discovered since, that these shrimp had been imported to California from Taiwan, before being shipped 2500 miles overnight to me.  My final cost for the 20 that survived came out to $5 each, which is about what I have read that others pay in fish stores in the US.  Rare colored varieties can be more and poorly colored Reds can be less.  An individual near me was selling pale Reds for $1 each, but I wanted darker colored ones.  I could not find any retail stores that stocked them with 60 miles of me, so I ordered mine using the Internet.

Greg

 

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
2 hours ago, VickiH said:

I would increase the $15 maximum if you are talking about colours other than red. I have paid $40ea for blue dreams neos not that long ago.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are blue dreams same with blue pearl?
40$/shrimp is very expensive.. 
i can buy 3 blue pearl shrimp for 1$ here..
 

1 hour ago, gtippitt said:

I live in the US, and the best price I could price I found was for 40 Fire Red was $100 including shipping costs.  While the initial cost of $2.50 each seemed low, but half of them died within the first week despite perfect water and tank conditions.  I have discovered since, that these shrimp had been imported to California from Taiwan, before being shipped 2500 miles overnight to me.  My final cost for the 20 that survived came out to $5 each, which is about what I have read that others pay in fish stores in the US.  Rare colored varieties can be more and poorly colored Reds can be less.  An individual near me was selling pale Reds for $1 each, but I wanted darker colored ones.  I could not find any retail stores that stocked them with 60 miles of me, so I ordered mine using the Internet.

Greg

 

  

20 died ? 
i'm sorry for your loss..

so you paid 5$ for one high grade cherry shrimp?
it's still seems very expensive to me..
compared with the prices in my country..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre Schoonraad

Down in South Africa prices start at just over 1 US$ for red cherry to about 10 US$ for rilli. Selection is not that big at the moment and the people that have is still building up their breeding stock before selling them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
6 hours ago, Pierre Schoonraad said:

Down in South Africa prices start at just over 1 US$ for red cherry to about 10 US$ for rilli. Selection is not that big at the moment and the people that have is still building up their breeding stock before selling them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

wow, there is a big difference between Cherry and Rilli..
Are Rillis that rare??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre Schoonraad

I think it is more a over supply of cherries. I live in a wonderfull country where it is legal to keep shrimp but illegal to import them. So basicly all the shrimp we have have here was basicly smuggeld into the country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revolutionhope

I think it all depends on how new and how stable the genetics are (eg blue body orange rili is still extremely uncommon in australia and noone has yet achieved a clearly defined rili pattern of this variety; by way of contrast the blue gene red rilis have been worked on for years and are fairly stable).

If someone were to magically start selling quality blue body orange rilis here I expect they might go for well in excess $100 per unsexed juvenile. Blue body red rilis however can be had for $5-10each I suppose depending on the quality, who the seller is and also where the purchase is made and other factors etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
21 hours ago, Pierre Schoonraad said:

I think it is more a over supply of cherries. I live in a wonderfull country where it is legal to keep shrimp but illegal to import them. So basicly all the shrimp we have have here was basicly smuggeld into the country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

smuggeld shrimp?
are there any native dwarf shrimp in africa??

14 hours ago, revolutionhope said:

I think it all depends on how new and how stable the genetics are (eg blue body orange rili is still extremely uncommon in australia and noone has yet achieved a clearly defined rili pattern of this variety; by way of contrast the blue gene red rilis have been worked on for years and are fairly stable).

If someone were to magically start selling quality blue body orange rilis here I expect they might go for well in excess $100 per unsexed juvenile. Blue body red rilis however can be had for $5-10each I suppose depending on the quality, who the seller is and also where the purchase is made and other factors etc etc.

wow, i'd love to get a blue body orange rilli, but i'll never be able to afford a 100$ shrimp.. haha

even the blue gene red rilli havent yet showed up in my country, i think..

on the other hand, does anyone here having trouble to upload a picture?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre Schoonraad

To get past customs is not that hard for some people. Stuff get imported here under different names, not black listed, and customs don't have the knowledge to know the differance. Or when they do pick it up the importer blames his supplier and he gets away with it or fined, a small fine.
We have some native shrimp here but are illigal to have. You will get into way bigger problems if you have native shrimp compared to imported shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
1 hour ago, Pierre Schoonraad said:

To get past customs is not that hard for some people. Stuff get imported here under different names, not black listed, and customs don't have the knowledge to know the differance. Or when they do pick it up the importer blames his supplier and he gets away with it or fined, a small fine.
We have some native shrimp here but are illigal to have. You will get into way bigger problems if you have native shrimp compared to imported shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

it's so confusing..
so it's legal to have some shrimp, but it's illegal to import them, and also illegal to keep the native shrimp?
what shrimp are you supposed to keep? haha
is the native shrimp an endangered species?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre Schoonraad

The native shrimp are, just like all native fish/birds/animals, protected and you require a huge amount of paperwork and money to even be concidered to keep them.
Yes our system is completely confusing, how can you keep something if you can't bring it into the country in the first place. There is a guy currently doing impact studies etc to get them removed from the import black list. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revolutionhope

Australian situation is similar. Once something is here people by and large get away with keeping them despite them being banned from importation.

However the consequences for getting caught bringing banned species in are huge.

This poor girl was bringing in shrimp for her boyfriend apparently and was sentenced to 15 months jail. Suspended mostly so 3 months to be served in jail followed by good behaviour bond. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive/news/woman-jailed-for-importing-shrimp/news-story/58eb93e4d1508696fe818efd246de367?nk=cf565d7b9755a8d71b63869db947efe3-1490307480

❤✌?

Will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
9 hours ago, Pierre Schoonraad said:

The native shrimp are, just like all native fish/birds/animals, protected and you require a huge amount of paperwork and money to even be concidered to keep them.
Yes our system is completely confusing, how can you keep something if you can't bring it into the country in the first place. There is a guy currently doing impact studies etc to get them removed from the import black list. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

that's sounds like a lot of work just to be permitted to keep a native animal..
maybe even more work than when you are keeping it.. :D
i hope you guys will get a good news from the "guy"..

2 hours ago, revolutionhope said:

Australian situation is similar. Once something is here people by and large get away with keeping them despite them being banned from importation.

However the consequences for getting caught bringing banned species in are huge.

This poor girl was bringing in shrimp for her boyfriend apparently and was sentenced to 15 months jail. Suspended mostly so 3 months to be served in jail followed by good behaviour bond. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive/news/woman-jailed-for-importing-shrimp/news-story/58eb93e4d1508696fe818efd246de367?nk=cf565d7b9755a8d71b63869db947efe3-1490307480

2764.png270c.png1f3b6.png

Will

Poor girl..

did she really just brought the shrimp for her boyfriend?
Not to sell it like the news said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
inuter

hii im ind too yeahh they are cheap here also for crs maybe around half usd each i dont know if grading high could be expensive too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
9 minutes ago, inuter said:

hii im ind too yeahh they are cheap here also for crs maybe around half usd each i dont know if grading high could be expensive too

Hi fellow indonesian..
nice to find any Indonesian here..
are you from jakarta?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
inuter

hehe iyaa... dari jakarta jg bro? atau indonesia mana?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
17 minutes ago, inuter said:

hehe iyaa... dari jakarta jg bro? atau indonesia mana?

i'm from karawang city bro, do you know karawang? hehe
pelihara udanga apa aja bro?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
inuter

hehe udang biasa aja bro paling neo sama redbee aja masih nubi nihh..oww karawang tau deh deket bekasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
22 minutes ago, inuter said:

hehe udang biasa aja bro paling neo sama redbee aja masih nubi nihh..oww karawang tau deh deket bekasi

sama nubi juga bro, cuma belum berani pelihara redbee, parameternya rada ribet..
itu pada dicampur kah?
udah ada yg mati belum? hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayc
19 hours ago, Ikhsand10 said:
19 hours ago, inuter said:

 

sama nubi juga bro

We all have to start somewhere. I was a newb once as well. ?

 

19 hours ago, Ikhsand10 said:

cuma belum berani pelihara redbee, parameternya rada ribet..

It's not that difficult really, if you have the right tools.

A good substrate, a pH pen, and a TDS meter. And SKFA forum members of course. We can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
inuter

yess thanks within this forum of course , read , ask, trial and learned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikhsand10
On 3/25/2017 at 5:32 AM, jayc said:

We all have to start somewhere. I was a newb once as well. 1f62c.png

 

It's not that difficult really, if you have the right tools.

A good substrate, a pH pen, and a TDS meter. And SKFA forum members of course. We can help.

wow @jayc, so you understand Indonesian? where are you from?? ?

that's the problem, i have a TDS meter, and PH meter is on the way, but a good substrate is a "bit" expensive here, out of my (wife) tolerated price.. ?

oh, and i also having problem uploading some pics, is there any problem?

Edited by Ikhsand10
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayc
14 minutes ago, Ikhsand10 said:

so you understand Indonesian?

Yes, I studied Indonesian in High School up until my final year, year12. 

I still understand it if I see it written and if someone spoke it slowly. But the slang terms like "nubi" can get me confused. Likely they sound like the english word, so I guessed it was "newbie".

 

19 minutes ago, Ikhsand10 said:

substrate is a "bit" expensive

yeah, substrate can be expensive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • sdlTBfanUK
      By sdlTBfanUK
      It is probably too early to start this but as I have no idea really what I am doing I thought it a good idea to maybe get others thoughts/ideas from the beginning?
      The aim is to find out if I can reduce the life of the 'buffering' of soil substrates for anyone wanting to use soil substrate with cherry shrimps which do better at higher PH than buffering substrates run, until they are exhausted, and before they get shrimps in the tank - that can't be many people I know???
      I set up a betta tank mid March and the buffering with the JBL substrate stopped about 4 months later., though you may be able to knock off a month as I was only doing part (25%) water changes?  Obviously no one wants to wait that long so I am just trying this experiment as I have 2L of shrimp king soil left over anyway. that I won't use!
      At the moment I have put 5L dechlorinated tap water in a bucket with 1L of substrate. The tap water is PH7.5 (KH3, TDS 154) and I am planning to do 50% water changes twice a week until the PH gets back to the 7.5 at which point I can assume it is exhausted? I will then try the same experiment using PH+ to see if that will speed up the process, but I haven't ordered that just yet?
      Any suggestions, am I doing it correctly, does it even make any sense?
      So this should give me an idea of how long it will take to stop buffering just using tap water but doing twice weekly 50% water changes, and then whether using PH+ would speed it up notably?
      This is just to get an idea, and different soil substrates will probably be different so I am not really looking for a definite answer as to the time length etc, more an idea as to whether either of these will work well for others in the future that want to keep cherry shrimp with the soil substrates. Having said that I have always kept cherry shrimp in lower than recommended PH (to start wirh) without a problem anyway?
      Simon 
       
    • FrumpyJack
      By FrumpyJack
      I have only been keeping Neocaridinas for about two months now, I have 10 blue dream neos in one tank, and 12 orange neos in a separate tank. The tank with the 10 blue dream neos has been slightly problematic though because it's a smaller tank and waste builds up a little faster.
      That being said, can anybody ID this swimmer in my shrimp tank? There is only 1 that I can see, it appears to have an exoskeleton almost like a shrimp, and it swims at the surface of the water by whipping its tail. I don't think it's a baby shrimp fry because I'm just now seeing my first female berried up and there haven't been any births before, but I suppose it is possible a fry snuck in with my order. Any help would be appreciated 😁

    • @farmdee6
      By @farmdee6
      I'm starting a brand new #neomix tank.  I won't be adding or taking out any shrimp, just documenting developments along the way.  I'm interested to see if any new variants develop, and what the tendency towards brown is.  I'll be sharing updates on my channel if you are interested in following along.   Enjoy!  #shrimptv
    • @farmdee6
      By @farmdee6
      Green shrimp  I looked at one of my green Neocaridina under the microscope, and I'm trying to determine if all green shrimp are like this... or just mine.  Any insight from other green or jade shrimp keepers?
       
    • @farmdee6
      By @farmdee6
      It's official! Red and Blue marble offspring are... red and blue!  #shrimplab #coolgenetics #neocaridina #microscope
      See the hatchling right below mom in photo!
      Video found: https://youtu.be/XELenET9vfA



  • Must Read SKF Articles

  • Join Our Community!

    Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

  • Posts

    • jayc
      That's the way to go I reckon.  
    • jayc
      Same here with my chillers. One Teco branded and the other Hailea. Both are do the same. Those are small temp differences and nothing to worry about. Also, depending on where the temp probe, you can get different temps in one tank. For example, the temps on the leftmost side of the tank can be a few degrees off compared to the rightmost side of the tank. It's just how it is. 
    • Steensj2004
      I really want one now, lol. I’ve looked at pictures and I want one!😂   Side note, but related, I joint an all shrimp group on FaceBook. The shrimp these people are breeding are breathtaking. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Don't worry about Crystal browns as they are so rare you are unlikely to get one, but if you do you won't want to cull it or give it away (just treasure it, I would), that would be madness.................. (scroll down for picture)! Simon
    • Steensj2004
      Thanks. I’m not too concerned, if I get some browns, I’ll cull them into the cull tank. My buddy has a 75 gallon he wants to stock up with anything I don’t want, so the culls have a permanent home. I’m not looking to develop a super straight or pure line anyway, I just like the shrimps. Besides, I already have both in the tank😂 Top off is done with pure RODI, this is something I learned from salt tanks. Thanks for the advice, but I assume it has to do with feeding ETC since I’ve been using pure water for top offs. Ah, I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I’ve really noticed the creep increasing since I’ve started dosing the Shrimp Fit. While it isn’t a lot, it’s more than when I was dosing just BacterAE. Previously I saw less of an increase. My main concern was how it may affect the shrimp.     With the mix of CBS/CRS, what ratio of browns might I end up with? Will they have similar patterns to other crystals, but with the colored portion being brown? I actually don’t hate that.... Based on my reading, the brown should be somewhat the odd one out, correct? And if I’m not mistaken, somewhat of a generational dependent mutation. 2-3 generations in or so?
×
×
  • Create New...