Clear rcs

pmasa

Hi all, just a quick question i just moved some of my juvenile red cherry shrimp into a dedicated tank, and noticed one of them was completely clear. The shrimp in question is male but has no indication of any colour not even the faintest of reds. They are a few months old at this point, will it gain some colour as it gets older or should i just cull?20170214_184319.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hard to say if the shrimp will color out some or not. Males do tend to be less colorless than females, add in the fact that it's a juvenile shrimp and you are moving them, thus resulting in stress, the shrimp would naturally be clearer than norm.

If the others are showing more color, then it may be a good idea to cull from the population.

If you have other males that are showing colour then cull for sure. One male can jump a stack of females and dilute the colour of a lot of offspring.

Trust me i just culled almost my whole tank and now i'm starting again because of this.

Orange and yellow neo are offsprings of red cherries. I would cull and keep them in a separate tank, may be you have a colony of yellow on the way now?

One of my females had a hint of blue, so it could potentially be related to that. I was a bit confused as it appears to have no pigmentation in the shell at all. I suppose the next few days will tell...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk