Red dots on orange shrimp

Franckfromfrance

Hello everybody, 

I'm french guy. I have bought,  one year ago, some orange rili shrimp. I have kept them inside specific tank with low ph, Kh...  But I had so much shrimp that I have put some with my classic fish tank. After many months on this tank (and so much breeding) , I started to have some strange patterns shrimp : they are orange with some red dot (see the picture,  sorry for the bad quality, it is really very red in real life). Have you ever seen some shrimp like that?  On the picture, they have just 2 dots but sometimes it is like dalmatian dog. Could it mean that they are red x orange shrimp hybrid? 

Thanks for your help 

2017-01-16 10.10.05.jpg

3 hours ago, Franckfromfrance said:

Could it mean that they are red x orange shrimp hybrid? 

Hi Frank

it could be. I believe all orange were derived from red rilis anyway.

Thanks.  Yes, they all come from the same wild shrimp but I find no place where people tell that they have the same pattern, so I try to find if it is normal or rare. I put a new picture where it is more easy to see (one shrimp is orange rili with red nose) 

pixlr_20170116191034274.jpg

Edited by Franckfromfrance
  • Like 1

I have only orange rili and orange (born from orange rili parents) and amano shrimps inside the tank. I had never red shrimp 

Yeah it's probably the recessive traits showing up then.

You'll need to remove the red spot shrimps so they don't keep breeding with the good shrimp.