Loach's 4FT V8 Aquascape ;-)

Loach

Heres my main display tank in the lounge... I watch this while my xbox is loading etc ;)

P1050520.jpgP1050522.jpgP1050523.jpg

PS, thats the crinum i got off you back in the day Dean ;)

• Like 1

very nice tank mate, i would move the fish out and add shrimp!!! they would love it in there.

that crinum has grown huge......

There is a large population of cherries in there. Not really high grade though :p. There was originally one or two berried females, now thereis hundreds of them in a month and a half :o. Scared to add CRS as i dose fertz like a madman (Im serious) (About 6x the reccomended amount of Dino Spit and others!). Im actually considering 30 more neon tetras and some fire reds to highen up the shrimp quality.

Crinum actually melted once :( I got super freaked but luckily the leaves came back and it has grown a fair bit :)

thats why the tank looks so good, all the ferts!! add some kooly loaches (spelling) those orange and black eals. i love watching them chase around after the cherry shrimp.

Thats a real nice tank loach, i gotta spend some time on my community planted tank... it's wayyy overgrown right now!

Thats a real nice tank loach' date=' i gotta spend some time on my community planted tank... it's wayyy overgrown right now![/quote']

Thanks Foxpuppet, I wish my tank would overgrow lol.

very nice! some discus would look nce in there i rekon

very nice! some discus would look nce in there i rekon

That was the original plan Lachie! Just dont have the guts to buy some ;)

Thanks Dean, I will start culling that tank soon to acheive red. They are all patchy, nearly rilli lol.

Current stock:

30 Neon Tetra

1 Pearl Gourami

1 Botia Rostrata

2 Botia Almorhae

50+ Cherry Shrimp

Various Pest and Pretty snails :(

More pics :)

I aquired some stauro from HexaD today/yesterday and i have since planted them. I also got about 5 SAE from him that had 'done there job'.

P1050640.jpgP1050642.jpgP1050643.jpgP1050645.jpgP1050647.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry Jess it took so long but i have finally gotten off my lazy butt and have taken one photo of the tank :p. I removed the HC.

P1060208_zps07b2b54d.jpg

Yay, photo at last! :D

That looks absolutely beautiful, even better than it did before! I think I might actually prefer it without the HC. It looks so neat now, just like I imagine the bottom of a riverbed would look.

I feel so excited to have plants out of one of your tanks! Now all I need to do is learn to aquascape and one day I'll have a tank like this. :applause: