Sign in to follow this  
Kaizen088

My favourie Shrimp

Kaizen088

Here are some pics of my most prized Shrimp out of about 200 Cherries.

I say he's a Painted Fire Red (newbie opinion). A proper ID would be appreciated.

He has a red carapace, nose and legs.

Cheers Adam.

post-32-139909858397_thumb.jpgpost-32-139909858401_thumb.jpgpost-206-139909858395_thumb.jpg

post-696-139909858047_thumb.jpg

post-696-139909858051_thumb.jpg

post-696-139909858056_thumb.jpg

post-696-13990985806_thumb.jpg

post-696-139909858065_thumb.jpg

Triggs

Yeah I'd call that a Fire Red.

Nice solid colouration and red legs. Very pretty Cherry and great quality.

Thanks for sharing

Kaizen088

Thanks Triggs, should I be looking to buy another female similar or just chuck the reddest females I can find (out of the 200) in with him?

I also have another male which is almost as solid and red as he is.

blindfisherman

Can you get a pic from more side on? I have a feeling your 'He' may be a 'She'.

Very nice shrimp though!

Actually, I don't need any other pics 99.999% sure its a she, I can see what appears to be a saddle in the last pics.

In that case, I would be putting her in with the best male.

Kaizen088

I'll try to get a few more pics, there is also another one that is almost as solid as she/it is so hopefully I have a pair.

Thanks all for the feedback.

wayne6442

Sorry Adam, HE is definitely a SHE, lovely painted fire red! Nice to have.

Kaizen088

:tears_of_joy: Happy she is a she just hoping now that the other one is a male.

Working on getting a few more pics of both.

Triggs

I'd personally keep a close on her, She's def a female. When she's saddled I'd move her to her own tank that's cycled or in a breeder box and let her drop her shrimpletts in their own section.

You can try track down your most full coloured male (But no offense) while learning this doesn't mean the shrimp you pick are actually male.

If I was you (And this is only my opinion, at the end of the day they're your shrimp and decision) I'd just look for the first batch she gave birth too regardless of the male and see what she delivers.

Once again, this is only my opinion. Others will and are entitled to their opinions and ideas as you are.

I wish you the best of luck with it all. It really is a very nice quality and coloured Cherry.

P.S - In that last photo you posted I'm pretty sure she is saddled now.

khemo

Yeh definitely a female cherry mate.

I don't think it's right calling it a fire red or even a sakura though.

Fire red to me means that it has roots from an intensively, selectively bred line and that it will breed true with almost equal or equal quality offspring. I think it's a bit pretentious calling our cherries here in Aus sukuras or even fire reds when they are just random mutations.

I would just call her a very nicely coloured specimen :)

Kaizen088
Yeh definitely a female cherry mate.

I don't think it's right calling it a fire red or even a sakura though.

Fire red to me means that it has roots from an intensively' date=' selectively bred line and that it will breed true with almost equal or equal quality offspring. I think it's a bit pretentious calling our cherries here in Aus sukuras or even fire reds when they are just random mutations.

I would just call her a very nicely coloured specimen :)[/quote']

I see your point, It looks 'like' a Fire Red. I would like to try my hand at line breeding these and keeping the strong colour.

As to where it came from not 100% sure.

It was given to me as a freeby but out of the 50 or so there were a couple of dark ones that stood out from the rest.

I'll try to get a hold of the guy that gave them to me and see if he can tell me if he knows where they came from.

Cheers

Kaizen088

Couple more close up

post-696-139909846945_thumb.jpg

Kaizen088

Just found this shot while looking through the 50 shots I took.

The photo hasn't been enhanced/touched up at all.

Same one, must have been the flash that makes it look like a glowlight shrimp.

post-696-139909846958_thumb.jpg

Triggs

Stunning quality. You have great breeding stock.

You should selectively breed them, There's going to be a shortage of quality Cherries in Australia as nobody here seems to bother with them past the beginners stage.

Gbang

absolutely marvelous cherry there!!! what does your colony look like? any for sale?

Kaizen088

I'm just in the process of sorting them out.

Hopefully I'll have some ready to go around Feb/ March.