Snail from plant grows fast

Dimos

Hi guys,

I got some plants for my shrimp aquarium and I noticed some tiny snails on them. I didn't pay attention but now I see they grew a lot and they are quite many. Do you think they could be a threat for the shrimp? Attached see a picture of two of them (Not sure what they are doing, the one of them is too small to mate I guess. But if they do I'm gonna have even more snails).

Thanks,
Dimos

IMG_20160920_225317.jpg

Looks like a pond snail! They're not a threat to shrimp unless the numbers get so out of control that they eat all the shrimps' food.

Just now, waffle said:

Looks like a pond snail! They're not a threat to shrimp unless the numbers get so out of control that they eat all the shrimps' food.

Okay, they look cute so I can keep them. I guess I need to feed these guys more often.

Hmm I wouldn't increase the feeding amount! The snails will get plenty of left-over food from the shrimp and biofilm in the tank ? What I mean is that if you get, say, 100s of these swarming all of the tank they may eat all the biofilm that naturally grows on stuff, and they may also swarm over shrimp food so that the shrimp don't get to it because it's literally covered in snails. 

1 minute ago, waffle said:

Hmm I wouldn't increase the feeding amount! The snails will get plenty of left-over food from the shrimp and biofilm in the tank 1f642.png What I mean is that if you get, say, 100s of these swarming all of the tank they may eat all the biofilm that naturally grows on stuff, and they may also swarm over shrimp food so that the shrimp don't get to it because it's literally covered in snails. 

I see your point! Well, if I am in this situation I guess I will transfer some snails in my other tank.