Building a TB colony?

Boris

Hi!
About six months ago I got ten Crystal blacks and ten OE-tigers.
The CB turned out to be mischlings and every batch has produced a couple of Crystal reds and one or two Taibees.
I have no idea of their heritage and if they are F1, F2 etc. but so far I have KK, Panda and I think a RW.
Also, the CR:s, through a 10X loupe, look more brown then red but I am colour-blind so that may be as it should but one TB is absolutely chocolate brown/white. What is this?
My plan is to sell all the tigers and try to build a colony of Taibees and possibly Titaibees.
How do you suggest that I do this? Should I keep a couple of the adult skyblue tigers to get up the numbers and possibly make some Titaibees or should I just keep the taibees separated and be patient?
My goal is not to true breed or create a great line but rather to have fun and get some interesting looking shrimp.

• Like 1

Hi@Boris I'm not the best person to answer your questions so ill leave that to someone else .. but I'd love to see any pics !

Love n peace

Wi

10 hours ago, Boris said:

TB is absolutely chocolate brown/white. What is this?

Got a pic? But my guess would be a mischling.

CRS bred with CBS can produce this rusty brown colour. It's not desirable since it's neither red nor is it black. 

10 hours ago, Boris said:

Should I keep a couple of the adult skyblue tigers to get up the numbers and possibly make some Titaibees or should I just keep the taibees separated and be patient?

I think either way is fine, and it completely up to your preference.

I would keep the tigers for longer. But get a small 10-20L tank for the taibees separately and get that towards producing Taiwan Bees 100%

• 2 weeks later...

I fellow mishlinger tipped me that I can take close ups with a camera through a loupe so finally I have some pics for you!
All these are from the same ten CB of which I believe all are mischlings. Their siblings are either CB or occasionally CR.

Extreme king kong?
(Looks more like black in real life but is evidently dark blue)
Naumlrbild%20024_zpsjjembsqr.jpg

Cloud panda?
Naumlrbild%20051_zpshfukexth.jpg

Panda?
Naumlrbild%20037_zpsyhop2sak.jpg

The mysterious brown types...
Naumlrbild%20109_zpsluo1s9fc.jpgNaumlrbild%20041_zpsdiciqmkg.jpg

• Like 1