I'm in trouble !!!!!!!

doctr-dan

Prior to chillers, I had made ice cubes/blocks with RO water. As long as you're on top of it, and reducing the temp now, they'll be OK...

I agree with Gino, ice cubes in a bag and float ASAP. Keep replacing them once they melt and turn your lights out. Also make sure your getting good surface agitation and add an airstone if need be. Now you know that this can happen, freeze a few bottles of water for the hot days. But that's not a permanent solution, you would be looking at cooling that room down or adding fans to the tank or add a chiller. I do this with my CRS/CBS tank.

yeah i wasnt paying attention last week and my CRS and cherrys tank got up to 30 needless to say no more CRS and very few cherry left

Damn summer !, but you gotta love the beach/weather... A Chiller or (Temp Controlled room), should be part of the mandatory equipment list for all CRS+ shrimp tanks. Believing the global warming theory, it's only gonna get worst. Worth the investment...without a doubt !

My temporary solution before hooking my chiller up was to turn off the lights, heater off and out, have an airpump going and float bottles of frozen water (1.5L lipton tea bottles work well) but most of the time that isnt enough because of the surface area of the tank in contact with warm air.

Remember your plants can last afew days without light but your shrimp wont. I would think wrapping a small tank with a wet towel would work wonders but you could say bye to your cabinet

well my tanks were up around and into the 30s but i have taken the glass lids off, light off and have a fan clipped on the side and the tanks now down too 24-25 the fan seems to be almost 2 computer fans in a case that has clips on the side it works wonders